All: One Hit Blunders

• Members

this is the coimplete opposite of the One Hit Wonders thread. Once in a while a show will think they've done some amazing casting with a new actor, however the audience doesnt think so. Sometimes its not their fault as the writing and or character they play is just that bad. Fortunately in some cases this person never gets another chance to be a 2 time disaster on another show. Who are some of daytime's 1 time blunders?

AMC

Zen Gasber (Braden Lavery) , Paige Rowland (Kit Fisher), Carol Neff (Raquel) - Remmebr when AMC hyped them as the 3 characters that were going to shake up AMC back in the summer of 1998? They were all out within the year with none of their portrayers showing up anywhere since

Eric Dearborn (Dog Boy) - Nuff said

Alana de la Garza (Rosa) - I dont even rmember much about her except that she looked too old for the role. She was very forgettable

GH:

Kari Wuhrer (Reese) - Something about her always rubbed me the wrong way. Suing the show after she got fired didnt help

OLTLn

Jessica Morris (Jen Rapport) - How long did it take for them to finally get rid of her? She was a horrible actress who failed to grow during her time on the show. The character was an absolute mess too and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to have it revolve around her. Thankfully she wasnt picked up by another soap when she was killed off on this one

Days:

lol....Im going to leave this one alone bc its just too obvious

Passions:

Jack Krizmanich (John Hastings)

Chrystee Pharris (Simone #2)

Charles Divins (Chad #2)

Dana Sparks (Grace/Faith)

Molly Stanton (Charity)

Hannia Guillen (Paloma #2)

and more - All cases of bad actors

Y&R:

Brenda Dickson (Jill Abbot)- She's a mess...lol. Its probably for the best that she hasnt shown up anywhere else bc Im not sure I could take her seriously

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...

Alyssa Diaz, AJ Lamas, Peyton List and Agim Kaba ATWT. Or, OrangeCrateGirl, Lucy'sFirstFluck, Lucy and Hairon.. Simply horrible.

Bonnie Denniston, EJ Bonilla and Caitlin VanZandt, GL. Yes, you could list most of the under30 cast from GL's last few years, but considering the amount of stories that revolved around them, they stand out. Oh...and does anyone remember that girl Catalina from the Marah/Tony years? She sucked too.

B&B---any "teen" girl they've ever cast. Pheebs, Steffy, Mary, Jessica Forrester, and probably some characters I had to have erased from my memory. They're all from the same cookie-cutter mold---young, stupid and portrayed by wooden actresses. Dishonorable mention---Adrienne Frantz. How the actress is still employed puzzles me.

• Members

I don't know about that. Brenda Dickson was highly popular among fans. Even more so during her return. I think the thing with her is psychological. She played the hell out of Jill, but I really think she took it home with her and became Jill, or just got too caught up in the camp. However, the things that have happened to LaDickson in the past 20 years would have never and have never happened to Jill. I think she's a mess because she enjoys the drama and playing Diva in her own real life soap opera. She could have worked after Y&R, but Bill Bell had her black listed and It's not hard to believe.

• Members

And I have a feeling that none of that mess would have happened (or as severely) had Jill not been divafied. I think having the Joan Collins/Alexis serum injected into her and her character's ass was probably what sent poor Brenda over the edge.

• Members

Kelli Taylor was AWFUL. The hatchet job done on Taylor was so bad I actually began to root against Noah and Julia, because the manipulation was so obvious.

I also have to include that guy who was the first adult "J" Chamberlain on GL. He looked 30 and he was supposed to be somewhere around 18. He was awful, creepy, had no chemistry with anyone, and then he quit the show after a few months and gave an interview basically saying he was too good for soaps.

And so many recasts of Buchanan men on OLTL. Jack Armstrong (who wasn't bad, just boring), Ken Kenitzer, Samuel Ball, Matthew Metzger.

And the guy who played River too.

Can we count Randy Spelling on this list? Or was he any good on SuBe? I can't remember.

• Members

I also remember Randy from a short-lived primetime soap (that I believe was his Daddy's too) called Malibu Shores. Strangely enough, the nepotism there never really got to me, maybe because I always got the impression that the Spelling kids really weren't little demons, and hey, if Aaron was my dad...

Ken Kenitzer was just an insult to the fans. I do not in a million years believe that there wasn't even one actor to beat him out, or that he even had a good first audition let alone callback and screen test.

• Members

I guess I should also include Don Jeffcoat, although I have always pitied him.

At the time I thought I would have included Elisabeth Rohm, but no, she kept on finding work. I think the only thing I ever liked her on was "Angel".

I guess I would also include the recast for Linc on ATWT. I don't know if he was supposed to be short term but I just hated him. I couldn't believe they recast such a hot actor like James Wleck with...whoever played him the second time around. And then they wasted poor crazy Marcy's return.

• Members

I almost mentioned her and Maude in my Claire Labine post, I thought she was soooooo borrriiing.

Soap folks really underestimate how recasts can underplay a character's history. You just can't go from a grounded, old soul like Joey in the form of Nathan Fillion to a Jeffcoat or a BMH. I never believed that those guys were the same young man who had a complicated relationship with Dorian.

• Members

Zen Gasber played Sinbad in the Canadian syndicated, Hercules wannabe show of the same name for two years.

I don't remember Ken Kenitzer AT ALL. ANyone got a pic? he was mid 90s?

I always liekd Don Jeffcoat although I agree as a recast for nathan Fillion he was laughable. He had cute puppy dog eyes though. :) He's done alright for himself acting wise, since. (I HATED BMH in the role--or any role though)

• Members

I also liked Don Jeffcoat. I remember him from that Nickelodeon show, Wild and Crazy Kids. The problem with him as Joey though was that he was too regular. He didnt fit as the soap star type

Another one is Days Drake Hogestyn I dont know how this man stayed emplyed for so long bc he is one of the worst male vets in the business. Thankfully none of the other shows have tried to snatch him up in between his Days runs

Archived