AMC: Actress not returning

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she might stay if she were given a better story. Both she and Tamara bolted early the last time because the story sucked eggs.

They don't have anything to write for Bianca. She's not straight, and she already has kids, so that cuts off all of the story possibilities for a woman on this show. That's why I don't think we will see her again, recast or Eden, unless Bianca goes straight. They certainly had no problem bringing Budig back, even though she quit as soon as her contract was up and trashed the writing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Regarding the theory that it didn't work out because Eden only wanted to come back short-term to use AMC as an ATM, this is a quote from her on SOD Online:

Seems like she wants to get it out there that she was indeed interested in a long-term deal. (Although she has used "long-term" in the past to refer to 6 month and 4 month contract stints....)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like Eden, but I think she needs to be careful with what she says or what people in her camp say. I found this on twitter posted by Heather, one of the "Imaginary Bitches" in response to Nelson Branco's idea of having Andrew Miller, Eden's husband, head write All My Children.

Yes the ratings suck, but this shouldn't be the way you treat your former employer, even if they gave you a crappy storyline. Eden and her people need to take the high road.

• Members

Yikes, yeah, that's no good, even tongue in cheek... you know how sensitive creative types can be. But I have a feeling that ER has had a few near misses out in Hollywood. I auditioned for a movie a few months back, and in the breakdown it read that the young heroine would most likely be played by Olivia Wilde or ER, and OW ended up getting the part. So I can imagine where ER's brain probably is right now in terms of longterm commitments/a desire to make some of that quick soap dough/genuine affection for a good, groundbreaking part that made her career.

Archived