Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Members

Lily and Cane are killing me. Who on earth decides to become a mother when they are not sure they are going to live to see the child born? It's one thing when you are already pregnant, but to decide to get a surrogate and all that when you are on death's door is beyond selfish. Lily hasn't even graduated from college, but she must be a mother right now? Please. :wacko:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Mac becoming Lily's surrogate is going to become a Mac/Lily/Cane triangle. Is Billy going to get pissed off that Mac has offered to be a surrogate to Lane? The age difference between Christel and Daniel has been really noticable lately. It makes thinking of them as a couple a little akward. It's very depressing that this show gives Lily adult storylines. She never really had a young adult storyline. The closest was Kevin giving her an STD.

Is Amelia back from her maternity leave?

It was nice to see Neil and Jill at the hospital. Was Devon there or not? I missed a couple of moments of today's episode.

• Members

Early next year!!? You give them too much credit. I see a "Christmas miracle" coming our way. And if this turns into some kind of triangle there are just no words as to how offensive it's going to be to me. Cane is torn between the African American, cancer stricken, barren, mother of his child and the white, healthy woman who still has her uterus. And Mac is going to be a party to this? Hell no. Not unless Lily has a complete personality change and starts banging Billy between chemo treatments. *RME*

• Members

LOL

Here's the thing...obviously what I wrote is ridiculous...but I can really see portions of it happening. At the very least, "who shot Adam?". I think it's like doing the "easy" crossword puzzle in Monday's Times. Sometimes mastering a lower level of challenge is fun, LOL. Hey, a bunch of us called the babyswitch from the first mention of Ashley and Sharon's pregancies.

It was a joke, but I really do see some version of it happening.

Christel...all beaming today...is totally killing this story for me. Her fever was 104, right? So, she'd be exhausted, clammy... She can't play anything true. Not a thing.

Julia was right above. A parent who gets cancer (or the spouse of a parent who gets cancer) is instantly terrified that their child will be left without parents. NO PERSON on earth would be actively planning a baby like Lily was today. It is simply ridiculous.

I am going to say that there were a few things I liked about today's show:

- Victoria and Nick's chemistry. This is one of the few places Amelia can shine...and it was nice to see a bit of that after a loooooooong while

- Nick versus Billy. That's fun, and I hope it continues

- Jack sniffing around Chancellor, and Ashley's devious moves. Ashley is emerging as one of the most fascinatingly transformed characters

- Dr. Emily. I'm totally digging her (doppelganger be damned). I like that they might use her like Michael--as someone who occasionally drives story, but someone who shows up in lots of stories. She handled the counseling about the future with Lily very well.

But I'm disappointed as hell that Jack would kiss the therapist of the woman he damaged. I want Emily to refuse a relationship with him...because the opposite would be professionally unacceptable for as long as Patty is Emily's client.

So far, the Chancellor emotions are "off". When Chance was wheeled in at the end, not a one of the Chancellors felt like they had "true" emotions to me...not even Tricia Cast's Nina.

• Members

Nick had a line to Victoria, as he was hugging her goodbye:

"There will always be a place for you here".

I thought it was very much another coded message (just like Kay's discussion with Jack a few weeks ago, where they talked about the glory days of the family business being over): Amelia Heinle is BELOVED on that set. Even if the writers aren't inspired by her, she seems to have deep admirers.

It's funny, though...if Victoria is truly "permanently" moved to NYC, shouldn't there be a bit more emotion about her departure? It all seems so perfunctory. And yesterday's dialogue was all about Nick competently running NE...but all I have seen is that it looks like everything is turning to sh!t and Nick's in over his head.

Oh well. I'm super-intrigued by Ashley. What is she up to?? Is this new devious turn a symptom of her unhealed mind? I don't care. I'm now crackling-excited every time I see Ashley on screen! The post-"birth" Ashley is emerging as one of the most intriguing females on canvas. And, shockingly, Emily too! (IMO, of course)

• Administrator

Wow, the breakdown of Chance's stabbing was brutal!! You have a dude waving around a knife and Chance goes up from behind and tries to grab his shoulder? WTF!! Did you learn that in your police training or your army training? Don't you have gun? You fought in Iraq(?) and you let some idiot with a knife take you down? For real? LOL

I'm glad to see a business story again. I have no faith that it's going to be any good, I'm happy it's at least back.

• Members

I agree it was pretty bad. It doesn't matter that it was done to advance the plot. They could have set it up in a way that didn't make Chance look completely incompetent.

I think AH will be right back after her maternity leave. Nothing we are seeing on screen indicates otherwise to me.

Archived