AMC: Tuesday, 10.27.2009

• Members

Believe me. I've BEEN over that smiley bitch. She is bland, serves no purpose and has no backbone. I may not like certain characters, but at least they stand strong in their opinions and I can respect that. Marissa, on the other hand, is basically a glorified "talk to." Her little shriek session today was out of nowhere and didn't make me like her any more. True, I'm an unapologetic David Fan, but even if her psycho shriek was to someone else, it would've rang false to me just the same.

P.S. I secretly love you because of Barbara Walters putting Elisabeth Hasslebeck in her place. ;)

EXACTLY!

It's too late for me to hunt down my "banging head against my desk" icon.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does Marissa exist? For what purpose? How could JR have fallen in love with Babe's unknown sister so quickly after her death? Babe's bland, wooden, not very attractive sister? I thought she was going to turn out to be a psycho bitch and she still might but it's been months and months and she does nothing. As Darn once said, it's like some executive's daughter or niece needed a summer job and thus Marissa was created.

• Members

Wasn't JR supposed to have a story with Amanda? Wasn't it supposed to be Amanda falling in love with JR and then they would have to fight David? That was dropped abruptly once Take bombed and they realized Amanda and Jake were more popular. Perhaps Marissa is there so JR will have a love interest.

I also think she may have been created at a time when the show had a lot more interest in Krystal/David than they do now.

Poor Bobbie Eakes. I don't know who she dropped a chandelier on to get some of the stories she's had, but then, I guess a job is a job.

Frons and Rebecca Budig had her, and she has come from the future to confront "the real Greenlee" (literally) in a devastating sweeps storyline.

• Members

I don't know if Krystal is actually popular. Bobbie Eakes is very talented but that character's a real disaster area of bad acts. I've never heard of her having a popular pairing except the fitfully interesting Adam and David stories, both of which were swiftly canned for reforming her as a weak heroine in Tad and Krystal: No, Seriously, You Guys. And now they're going back there again. Tad and Krystal make each other look pathetic, sad and lonely every time they get together. They have all the passion of Liza Minnelli and David Gest. Why, America?

Just for you, R Sinclair: I'm anxious to see what the Gut is up to today.

• Members
LOL....and Im a David hater, but I cant get behind this twit b-tching at him. What bothered me for the longest time was how bland she was. She elicited no reaction from me. I didnt like her but didnt hate her either bc she was just there all smiles and no substance. Now I can safely say I hate her bc she's been here long enough and is stil as bland and boring as ever, except she's gotten alot more annoying at it.

LOL....its always good to see anyone put Hasslecrack in her place.

I liked JR with Amanda and thought she was a good match fter Babe and they had chemistry. The switch wasnt bad for her bc I love her now with Jake. Unfrotuently for JR he isnt left with many options and Marissa has made him incredibly boring.

• Members

As we know, I sniff out behind the scenes gossip like a pig sniffin' out a truffle... but there was scuttlebutt about Fros trying to woo Alexa Havins back, hence the twin sold at birth, but Havins refused to go back to daytime and they went another direction by casting Brittney Allen.

That wouldn't surprise me. Wasn't Becca Tyree -- the country bumpkin from Pigeon Hollow with a Valley girl accent -- cast with Kathie Lee Gifford's goddaughter as some kind of favor? I forget the girl's name, but it was like she wanted to act during the summer and KLG just brought her on over to some friends at AMC to find out if they had any roles available or some crap like that. The actress was just as bland and forgettable as Marissa/Brittney is.

The character outlived her usefulness years ago. Back when MEK was slimmer!

I agree with you. Tad and Krustal are incredibly nonsensical. You hit the nail on the head -- they make each other look pathetic. I mean, they dropped Tad and Simone... for Tad and Krystal?! Wild, fiery, having sex from the chandelier just because it's there Simone... and they trade that in for Krustal?! :rolleyes: Tad's been in a relationship rut ever since.

Hopefully making Jake's life even more hell!

They missed the boat by having Marissa be a bland, nondescript saint. I firmly maintain that the relationship could've been more entertaining if they made Marissa into Mavid. At least there would've been excitement and sparks between the characters. And even more conflict. If Marissa actually was loyal to David and stood up for him, it would add texture to the JR/Marissa pairing because JR thinks David is evil and tried to steal Little Adam... yet JR still can't help but be attracted to Marissa. But with Marissa hating David and Adam just like JR hates David and Adam, then it's like... where's the conflict? All Marissa is is a Yes woman turned nursemaid.

• Members

Wasn't she another one who had one of those soap entrances where they're being happy and Disney princess at the pond and their future love interest sees them?

I liked the idea of Becca, but not the execution.

I don't like the idea of Marissa but I do get it -- she's supposed to be good and pure and what David has never had as a child. They just didn't play the beats of anything. She came out of nowhere and she doesn't have enough history with David to make her schizo attitude towards him interesting.

It's very hard to write for good characters, decent people. You can be decent and not be boring but somewhere along the line "good" on soaps began to mean judgmental scold/do as I say not as I do.

• Members

There's "good, decent people" and then there's Marissa. She is the audiovisual equivalent of ricecakes. She is this awkward, wooden stranger who seems to wander into scenes; every time I see her in an episode, no matter how many times I have seen her before, I blink and say "who the [!@#$%^&*] is that?" And then I remember. Walking styrofoam.

• Members

Exactly. I remember that horrible introduction. Scott sees her sitting at the boat house from behind. She's on her Walkman singing along to Faith Hill's "This Kiss" and it's sappy quick cuts of:

HAIR!

BUTTERFLY HAIR PINS!

MORE HAIR!

SCOTT :)

MORE HAIR!

EVEN MORE HAIR!

SCOTT :D

STILL MORE HAIR!

MILES OF HAIR!!

SCOTT :wub:

And Scott becomes smitten right then and there and just has to know who this mystery girl is. :rolleyes:

Right there! That's my problem. Nowhere near enough history for the psycho,-schizo, out-of-nowhere shriek!

It made it even more crazy thanks to David's calm, cool, "Okay, nutjob, whatever you say..." demeanor through the whole thing.

Archived