September 28 - October 2, 2009

Toups

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS plummeting = deserved (although very unfortunate and not something I desire for ATWT).

CBS did it to themselves by canceling Guiding Light and losing those viewers who might also have the channel on during other soaps. Can't wait for Let's Make a Deal's 0. something ratings next week!

• Members

Dena Higley is a non factor. It's obvious she's not influencing anything on the show right now and that has been the case since early this year. I think she is only there because Tomlin and Whitesell want to make sure Corday stays away from interfering with their plan and she agrees to stay on because she knows damn well no one else will hire her after everything that has happened. I think she is basically what she used to be...an associate head writer who they appease once in awhile by letting one of her ideas get on air.

Besides, even if she was influencing things, Days has done well enough this year and with the way the numbers are going they do stand a chance at beating B&B providing they continue to do what they are doing.

• Members

days went up, good for them.

hopefully they kkeep it up because this has been an amazing week and it has a very promising future right now with Carly's return as Bo & Hope fall apart, parts of the baby swap coming out every week now, the amazing younger set with Philip, Stephanie, Nathan, and Melanie, the storyline with Kate & Stefano, and the use of Maggie Horton.

• Members

Glad Monday's GH episode got a high ranking. I cannot stand Spixie and normally FF them but that whole show was fun and uplifting and ended with an awesome 80s song.

The rest of these ratings? Chronicle of a death foretold.

• Members

I disagree. I think DAYS has pretty much hit a ceiling. The show alienated a lot of long time viewers when the let DH and DH go. They've wooed back some, but I don't see a surge large enough to overtake B&B, unless B&B drops, which I don't see happening right now. It's on the upswing creatively, and is perhaps the best CBS soap right now. It's kicking Y&R's butt right now anyway. But if Y&R continues to tank and pulls down the CBS lineup it's possible for DAYS to slip in at #2. Very doubtful IMHO.

• Members

2. B&B 3,261,000 (-125,000/-324,000)

3. DAYS 2,903,000 (+39,000/+397,000)

the show did not alienate a lot of long time fans, at leats if you look at the ratings. fact is days has been on an upswing since geeting rid of them. they are doing better now than they have in a long time and show week to week gains, very rarely falling a week and when it does it recovers.

B&B on the other hand has been bleeding out viewers. no matter how good B&B is, it depends on Y&R's ratings.

just looking at the newest ratings Days is only down from B&B 358,000 and if people loses more and days keeps gaining it will happen. Its a lot of ifs and buts, but its defiantly possible.

• Members

I was also glad to see the rest of the week falter because the rest of the show is dreadful. I so far am disappointed in this Helena and Luke return. Maybe once Jonathan appears things will pick up. But the wedding episode was fun and they deserved the uptick.

B&B I can't believe it I am really enjoying it. Y&R not so much. It seems Y&R has pulled a GH. Shock and awe to get ratings up with Colleens death. This so reminds me of when GH killed off Alan Q and Emily Q just months later(Brad and Colleen anyone) small upticks in ratings but eventually the bottom fell out of the show. But Y&R is so dark now. I really wonder what's going to happen when EB is offscreen. I am no Victor fan but he is the center of that show. How many fans will drop off?

• Members

Never say never. Days is the ONLY soap to be up over last years ratings and by a huge amount. they inch up ever so slightly EACH AND EVERY WEEK. Who's ever vision this is on Day, be it Higgy's, Tomlin or Wishsell, it's paying off. I myself do think Days is viable enough to hit no.2

Remember Days has been rising ever since Marlena and John left the show.

So I wish the haters would stop hating on Days.

• Members

I don't think Days is great by any means but it's entertaining. I wish I could put my finger on what changed. Perhaps it's a matter of integrating old with young on the show and actually telling compelling stories with some smart cast returns. The only story I really can't stand is the Daniel Chloe mess. Everything else is entertaining.

Archived