Predict the Order in Which the Soaps Will Be Cancelled

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT

OLTL

AMC & GH

i say AMC & GH because i dont see ABC keeping one soap.

then we will have Y&R, B&B, and Days, and idk what will go first or how it would go down. I think that if CBS pulled Y&R or NBC pulled Days Sony might just want out of soaps and the other will be done as well. Would CBS keep B&B with no other soap? Could B&B survive on another network given how well it does around the world?

• Members

ATWT is gone next year. I'd bet my bank balance on it. OLTL may be shortly afterwards, but I still think it will go in 2011 at the earliest. If, however, OLTL continues to beat AMC and AMC suffers in L.A., ol' Brian may have no choice but to cancel the damn thing before OLTL. Either way, one of them will be next after ATWT.

After that, it's going to be Days, possibly Y&R given Sony's attitude, then GH, then B&B.

• Members

ATWT is definitely the next to go. After that, to echo another poster, it'll be AMC or OLTL, depending on which show can sustain better demos. My hunch is that no matter the numbers or quality (OLTL is far superior to the mindbogglingly unwatchable mess that is AMC at the moment), OLTL will go first, just because ABC sees AMC, for good or for bad, as the more marketable and iconic show. This might sound corny, but it's sad to think of a world without soaps. I grew up on AW, Somerset, and AMC with my mom in the 70s, then stuck with the ABC shows from the 80s then on. It's tough to imagine that the day is quickly approaching when the soaps will become nothing more than a footnote in the entertainment industry and a source of fond nostalgia.

• Members

I think ATWT is definatly going in 2010. OLTL will probably go next but there is a good chance AMC will be. If OLTL gets cancelled first then I think AMC will probably be going in 2011, 2012 if its lucky. DOOL will probably get cancelled around the same time. Then GH in 2012 and/or 2013. Then B&B and Y&R will go next. Its tough to say which one will go first since Y&R is number one in the U.S. but B & B does well internationally. I'm geussing Y&R will be the last cancelled in 2014 or 2015 but I could easily be wrong.

Archived