Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The singer is Shawn Stevens as Zack. He was also on Days as Oliver , one of those teen idols the mags pushed, who didn't really have much success.

Yes Cynthis Gibb as Suzi.

Not sure about Stu and the club-was that the terrace at Hartford House? 

Not sure about Liza's reaction. It was all part of the story that involved the location trip on the QE11.

• Members

I don't think the Terrace existed very long. Until the recent fall 1981 video appeared, I had never heard of it before. I think it was introduced by Don Chastain when he was aiming for a younger, hipper "Search for Tomorrow" in line with the work that was being pumped out at "General Hospital" and "Days of our Lives" around the same time. I think it was dropped when Ralph Ellis and Eugenie Hunt came on in early 1982. I think it was replaced by the Riverboat. I wonder if the Terrace was a replacement for the Boilermaker. 

• Members

This sent me on a whole rabbit hole of Zack on the QEII trying to steal Liza's jade necklace, to DAYS Gwen's brother Oliver building underground passages between Doug's Place and Stefano's house, to Shawn's YouTube page with videos of him singing on SFT, and finally to a list of famous LDS teen idols.

It's funny how a 12 second promo from 41 years ago can provide the best reason to procrastinate from doing anything production.

Yep, nothing says hip and young like Stu opening a fern bar

Also, Wendy had terrible taste in men

Edited by j swift

• Members

Trying to find out more about Zack sent me to some weird places and illuminated nothing. But one site offered me a photo of what it insists is Matt Ashford and Page Hannah when surely it must be Emma Samms. Isn't it?

Please register in order to view this content

https://m.famousfix.com/post/search-for-tomorrow-matthew-ashford-114000210?nx=22428

• 3 weeks later...