Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for posting.

They were pretty awful, but what got to air wasn't much better.

They needed to incorporate the  traditional cloud visuals. With imagination, they could have been updated.

Any Search cast montage that doesn't build to Stu and Jo doesn't cut it for me.

• Members

I remember when they had the last opening theme prior to the show’s cancellation, one of the versions did not end with Jo, instead with the McCleary brothers. Which is an outrage

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

100% agree, I mean read the room, the McCleary brothers were not lighting the audience on fire enough to devote that much time in the montage to their shenanigans.

However, let's give a little notice of the youthful hotness of one Mr Matt Ashford; smoking...

And how'd they get that circus horse into the studio?

• Members

I'd rather jo and stu be at the start of the intro, being senior cast members, definitely  not lost in the middle.  For example,, Bob, Kim and Nancy usually were the first  shown in the 1999 ATWT intro. Then you have a modern fan fave like Lilly appear last.  That's how it should be done. 

First and last spots being the important people.

Edited by Spoon

• Members

What an amazing find! Thanks for sharing this. I had a few thoughts and observations about the opening. One was that, unless I missed it, I didn't see any sign of Louise Shaffer's Stephanie Wyatt in the opening. Also, the opening really illustrates Mary Stuart's comments about how the show shifted the role of the matriarch to Kate McCleary. Kate is definitely featured more prominently that Jo.

Also, based upon the date on the video, this was produced while Erwin Nicholson was executive producer. I wonder if he may have used whoever had created the final opening sequence for The Edge of Night. There are definite similarities between Edge's final opening and this one for Search.