Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always wonder about if the show would have survived once Mary Stuart passed away since the original premise of the soap was the adventures of Jo Gardner.  The show expanded its canvas and focus, but Jo was always an element that was kept even the focus continued falling away from  her in the early 80s.  

• Members

What was the story with Danny and Angela anyway? It's a shame he didn't stay around - Liza and Stu could have used more family (and he's kind of cute - is he the one who later played Cain Devore on OLTL?). 

I keep forgetting Olympia Dukakis was on the show at this time.

I've so rarely seen any material with Mary Stuart where she really got to act, so this was a wonderful treat. 

And it's so nice to see Susan Scannell too. 

How long did this Suzy last?

Did they only do the "next on" previews when these episodes were repeated (was it USA they were repeated on?)?

I see Robert Lupone is Tom Bergman in one of these episodes. I didn't realize Stu had so much of his family around at this point. Yet they were all written out and so little was done with them. What a waste. 

(it's weird seeing Lupone in a good guy role)

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Wasn't Search low budget at this time, compared to other soaps?

Yet the number of extras and under 5's in those episodes, as well as the size and staging of the warehouse scenes puts the current shows to shame...

John Getz is listed as producer in the final clip credits - no exec producer. Was this a time in between appointment of new exec producer?