ATWT: September Discussion

• Members

Really?!

Wow, I feel the exact opposite. I think Mick Hazen is as wooden as a log. He bores me to tears. I'd take Van Hansis (who I don't think is half as bad as some here seems to think) over him any day of the week. I admit that my feelings for their respective characters may be a factor since I love Luke but detest Parker. :)

I just wish they'd find Luke a better, more dynamic, love interest. As it is now I feel that Van has to inject all the feelings into his scenes with Jake (who is just as wooden as Mick Hazen), and that might be when some find him overacting.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lily was so infuriating yesterday I wanted to slap her into next week!! :angry:

What a stupid, selfish cow she's become. This story with Damian is not doing her any favors at all. It would possibly have been more tolerable with Martha Byrne still in the role. She gave Lily a vulnerability that Noelle Beck doesn't. I'm not buying her grief at all, and I don't see any chemistry between her and Paolo Seganti. (Although I see very little chemistry with Paolo and anyone.)

• Members

I've actually stopped watching soaps for a few months now (with the exception of GL's final week). I've never watched ATWT but I decided to check it out today. With all do respect to ATWT fans, this show is already in the gutter. Let's hope the people at Telenext Media will do something quickly and save this show. I honestly don't see them trying. It's like they don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about their viewers. The production is somewhat okay. You guys should be happy you don't have Ellen Wheeler running your show.

• Members

I have a feeling EW is close to signing a deal with ATWT as we speak. According to internet buzz (okay, the Suds Report), TNM wanted ATWT to ditch their studio and do the whole field production thing that sunk GL so quickly. However, Goutman (shockingly) refused. I have a feeling TNM (or maybe someone else) wants this show dead, sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry SJ, but Noelle's inability to act continues to shine through. With all respect, I just don't see how you can call her a better Lily than MB. Her screeching was horribly unbearable in the ransom call today.

• Members

I'm glad I returned to ATWT (the Em/Hunter reveal brought me back in after a mostly 2+ year hiatus). There have been more good moments than bad. I have to say the amazing turnaround of Paul and Emily is one of the best aspects of the show. Emily had become a disaster and, well, Paul need no comment. There wedding and today with the discussion about Jenny was excellent. The Hughes family SL has been long overdue. I can't wait for Carly to come back though I'm not sure where she's going to fit in and what they're going to do with her. Craig is not the answer and please no CarJack. The Lily/Damian hookup has really shook up the whole Snyder/Walsh family and when Holden return, we should get more fireworks. (Perhaps, Holden will turn to Carly again?) It's far from perfect, but I must say it has made huge progress in just a few months. At this point, I hope the show can do whatever is possible to keep it going.

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is enjoying the show right now! I've actually shied away a bit from posting here, because I tend to have a minority opinion. :lol:

Okay, I agree that Lily is being a stupid, selfish cow, but this is Lily, so that's a given. But MB's Lily did just as many awful things, and I hated her just as much then. I won't say that NB's Lily is more vulnerable, but she doesn't come off as childish and immature as MB's Lily did, even when Lily really is acting childish and immature. Right now, Lily is just coming off as completely crazy and out to lunch...but not annoyingly childish. Also, Paolo Seganti not having chemistry witn anyone is just not possible. Well, maybe he doesn't with Marie Wilson (although when Damian is yelling at Meg, there seem to be more sparks than when their being all lovey dovey). I recall one scene a few months ago when Luke had just started working for Damian. The two were standing uncomfortably close. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought Damian was Luke's love interest. :blink:

Dusty, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree lol. I don't see how NB is a bad actress. People do screech like that in real life when they're being completely illogical and so convinced of their opinion. To me, a bad actress is someone who's stale or to watch or someone who sounds monotonous...Marnie Schulenberg is one. The girl who played Celia a few years back is an even better example. I just found MB's Lily annoying. She did the puppy face thing whenever someone called her on her crap...as if that was enough reason to forgive her.

Rakesh, I'd like to know why you think ATWT is in the gutter. Do you mean storywise? Personally, I think TPTB are working their asses off keeping this show afloat. The number of different character interactions have shot up (it was only a few years ago when each storyline would only consist of two or three people), the dialogue is making references to history, history itself is being revisited, etc.

Hard to believe that Emily once shot Paul in the back. Amazing what good writing can do.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Luke answered the phonecall from Eb. Just when I thought Damian would be able to keep the possibility of Holden being alive from everyone, I'm proven wrong.

I usually hate Meg but kudos to her for calling Lily on her crap. I don't see how Lily can be so eager to get Holden back when she should be feeling guilty for sleeping with Damian so soon after Holden's death.

• Members

You missed Rosanna running around outside a burning building screaming CABOT, and then there was Chris Beteem as the baby's father, before he was inexplicably fired and banished from Oakdale for good, and lots of Paul mugging and screaming his love to Rosanna.

• Members

I'm almost a week behind. I think I am one of those people who was probably happy with the GH2 scenes. :lol: I wanted to see Jon Lindstrom and Lynn Herring together again, however briefly, for old time's sake, and I thought they were still good, even if Lynn was overselling it a bit. I liked seeing Craig with new people and I would rather see him with Audrey and "Uncle Ralphie" than with characters he has such a long history with, history I don't want to see repeated. I actually enjoyed the Audrey/Rosanna moment, seeing them dance around each other. I thought there were some sparks set off with Cady I haven't seen in a while. And even though I know he is probably going soon, I really was surprised at how much I enjoyed Stuart Damon as Ralph and how I did not see any of Alan Quartermaine in him. Or at least not the later, cuddly version. He had a certain quiet menace which helped make the very goofy material more believable, and I think he still has a great rapport with Lynn Herring. I can understand why people think Lynn is annoying on this show, because she is just not this show's type of actress, but I'm still enjoying her. I really loved that stupid little fight she had with Barbara at James's latest funeral.

I'm also loving the new and improved Emily, who is such a mix of confidence and insecurity. It's what Emily is supposed to be.

I still miss the days when Tom and Margo were allowed to laugh, but I think the Adam/Riley story has given some very rare opportunities for Ellen and Scott. I wish they'd involve more of the Hughes but I know that's not likely. Lisa should have been in this story. :( Still, I have been moved at times, especially when Tom agreed to help Adam and Adam said, his voice breaking just slightly, "Thanks, Dad."

My favorite scenes of last week involved Lucinda trying to get Lily away from Damian. While I miss the days when Lucinda and Damian were close, I like seeing her fire again. Threatening to have Damian deported, trying to bribe him into leaving town, telling Meg to go back to being the old Meg. I guess this is the closest we'll get to Lucinda being Lucinda.

• Members

I'm not sure, but have they even written anything believable regarding Adam's sudden change from psycho rapist to forgivable underdog? I'd be surprised. TIIC are so used to suddenly and dramatically altering characters' personalities that they probably don't think they need to put any sort of reason behind the transition.

I used to love Luke when he was younger. When VH first came on the scene..he was pretty darn good. I'm not sure what happened, but he just irks me now. He's still good, but there's just something not right about him.

And I think I'm about the only one who believes Jake Silbermann was a better actor when his character was boinking Maddie.

Speaking of chemistry (because there is none between VH and JS), Noelle Beck doesn't hold a dimly lit candle to Martha's stellar chemistry with Elizabeth Hubbard.

CarlD, two amen's on the Emily comment. ;)

Archived