ATWT: September Discussion

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Janet is a flucked up piece of work. She's gonna sit back and "do nothing", hoping Libby's just too frozen with fear to chose an abortion? She calls that love?? I call that manipulation of the worst kind.

Liked Brad today---until he practically had to restrain himself from tossing Parker away from his daughter.

What I did like was Libby and Parker's talk about no longer being in love. Hallelujah, maybe I don't have to worry about more "Adventures of Parkerty" whenever this situation resolves itself.

I also liked Jack and Parker's talk. And the brief Jack/Lily talk. But, how I wish Jack had stood up to Janet, or at least made it clear he wasn't supporting her manipulation of Liberty. This isn't the same Jack who let Carly know exactly what his opinion was---and I don't think it's because he's suddenly "more tolerant" of his new wife. More like he's sold out---or too busy digesting her endless supply of meatballs--to speak honestly and openly with her.

Wish I could say something positive about the Holden/Lily story. Other than I'm glad the writers made some stab at explaining why Maeve went to Oakdale to try and get the money. OF COURSE---that doesn't explain why Holden didn't just tell Maeve to contact his cousin the cop to help them---but I digress....

• Members

I don't understand what's going on with Holden. He actually looks a bit smitten by Maeve, when he's supposed to be desperate to get back to Lily. Up until yesterday I was thinking it was an act (being nice to her to get her to do what he wants) even though I'm sure a part of him feels sorry for her because she's in that abusive relationship, but the way he looked at her before she left the cabin was a little too...something. When Eb accused Holden of having a thing for Maeve I had to agree. And putting his arm around her at the end of the episode? I'm not saying I don't like the Maeve/Holden chemistry, but it feels like it conflicts with his need to get back to his wife.

Also, the fact that Lily was jealous of Damian and Meg before Holden "died" and Damian and Lily actually kissed makes everything a little off. It's guilt that is driving Lily. It doesn't make me want that reunion to happen, it just makes me want Holden to discover the real truth and move on.

• Members

*screams from the rafters*

LILY IS A 'HO-'HO! Lily is a 'HO!

Nuttin' is gonna convince me that she was under the influence of some sleeping pill either when she decided to screw Damian.

Ugh...Audrey, even on a "normal" day (where she's not hyperkinetic and screeching), ruins it for me.

However, I admit---I was a little intrigued by Stuart Damon's low-key appearance. Given every other ex-ABC star's splashy entrance, it was a refreshing change.

• Members

Am I crazy or did Paolo have a ponytail on during the pond scenes? Kinda confusing because the ponytail was gone once they got inside. I don't even think his hair was long enough to put in a ponytail...

Flovin' Paul and Emily. Counting down the weeks until TIIC (possibly) inevitably screw this up...

Good to see Marie. She's not used enough; unless it's as a sounding board for her whiney daughters or for medical reasons.

Cady's right. TIIC write most of their females very weak, constantly depending on a man's company. Case in point: Lily and Meg. I would say Audrey, too, but she just outright asks for it.

This Henry/James's money story gets stupider and stupider and Lynn Herring, bless her soul, is only making the holes wider.

If I have to sit through another "Lily cheated on me/No, I didn't, Holden; I thought you were dead" story, I'm going. to. vomit.

Two thumbs down and a big middle finger up to the idea of Damian staying in town any longer. Ugh. Such a sleaze.

For anyone interested, I've heard rumors that Helen Wagner will probably never appear onscreen again. Not only is she in mourning over the loss of her husband, but she's also too frail to travel back and forth to shows. It's also rumored that she has trouble remembering lines and actors/characters. Don't know if any of it's true, but I send my best to her and her family. Lord knows all ATWT fans and cast, past and present, love her!

• Members

Aside from the boring Henry/Audrey scenes, I thought it was a good show today.

Loved the scenes between Emily & Susan! I've missed Susan! I thought her reaction to Emily & Paul getting married was perfect! I :lol: when she asked Emily if she had caught Paul's amnesia as well.

I also really liked the scenes between Susan & Lily and the fact that they brought up Lily's past addiction to pills.

*Gasp* Even Paul & Meg were tolerable...even thought I sensed a hint of jealousy from Meg. Paul & Emily are happy together while Damian, who she's supposed to be happy with, is head over heels in love with someone else.

I was somewhat touched by the scenes of Lily and her vision of Holden. It was romantic and I thought Damian diving into the water to save Lily from drowning was awesomely dramatic.

Lots of people are probably going to hate Lily & Damian for both being selfish to act on impulse, but I don't care. I think they're hot, and seeing that men aren't drooling at Meg's feet is an added bonus. I just hope to God they break Lily & Holden up for good...both have cheated on each other several times. No way can you tell me those two are soulmates.

• Members

They were, til the writers flucked it up one time way too many. Are you honestly not bored by the incredibly wooden NuLily? Can you honestly say you don't cringe at the thought of yet another c*ckfight between Damian and Holden over Lily? C'mon now, SJ! Get with the program! We're trying to move ahead here, not back to recycled isht!

Also.....it might be just me, but I miss the old in-studio Snyder pond. That was much more believable as the midnight swimming hole of choice rather than this creepy green soup that they can only show during the daytime hours.

• Members

Where is everyone??? ATWT hasn't been this consistently entertaining in AGES! I actually look forward to each show now!

Oh, man...I completely disagree with you here. I love Noelle Beck to death! I don't think she's wooden at all. She is playing guilt, confusion, and grief to a tee! This storyline is giving kudos to history rather than recycling it, IMO. Recycling would be if Lily & Holden were to quickly get back together after he comes back. I hope this is the final nail in the coffin...at least for a while. I wasn't watching when Lily & Damian were married, but I hear that Holden was a thorn in their marriage the entire time. I am glad the tables have been turned this time around.

Damn...it's too bad that the ridiculous Holden/Maeve/Ebb scenes were on Wednesday's show 'cause if those scenes had been cut, that episode could easily be an Emmy submission for Best Drama next year! It was soapy good! The acting was fantastic from everyone and there was some great comedic lines amidst all the drama. I burst out laughing when Faith said, "What did you want me to do? Help mom find her underwear?!" to Luke in front of a shocked Meg! Oh, my God - too funny! :lol: I actually felt bad for Meg. Damian has done a complete 180 on her and barely put up a fight when she kicked him out. He's obviously not that into her. Van Hansis has an Emmy reel here. He's usually bad with the overacting, but he was a note perfect with Luke's scenes with Lily, Faith, and Damian, his reaction to finding out that his bio parents slept together felt realistic. I also felt for Luke when he told Damian he felt lucky compared to his siblings because he still had a father after Holden died. I lobsterlove any scenes with Luke & Damian, but I think they're at their best when there's conflict there. Luke looked so betrayed at the thought that Damian used him just to get to his mother, and Damian looked just as upset at the thought that Luke believed that.

It was also nice to see Lucinda brought into the Lily/Damian storyline. This is classic Lucinda - interfering with Lily's life and treating her like a child rather than adult...partly because Lily does act like a child by acting on her impulses rather than using her head. I had a good chuckle when she told Lily she could have Damian deported. I also thoroughly enjoyed the bitchfight between Lily & Meg. I actually cheered for them both, because they both had good points. Meg accusing Lily of being a "spoiled little princess" and Lily sarcastically apologizing for taking Meg's damsel-in-distress role from her were priceless! :lol: Also, kudos to Meg for pointing out that she felt bad for Damian in all this, because he would be painted the bad guy once again and Lily would look like the victim. OMG, the writers have read my mind!

You know, I feel terrible for Liberty. The actress playing her is doing a great job, but what a stupid line from Brad when he suggested that Liberty would be missing her prom if she had this baby. Liberty made a stupid mistake and should be taking responsibility for her actions somewhat instead of just going about her life as if nothing happened.

With all the GH/PC actors in one scene, I felt like I was watching a different soap today. :blink:

• Members

Is Brad pro or anti-abortion? I find it interesting if he IS pro-abortion for Liberty, especially since Austin Peck is a devout Christian IRL. Even IF those other rumors are true.

He didn't complain about playing it to the press or refuse to play it, which is refreshing.

Archived