Sylph

• Members

200px-Avatar-Teaser-Poster.jpg

Is anyone here especially excited about the film?

Acquired tickets for the preview/trailer? IMAX 3-D tickets have been issued or a 16-minute sneak peek at his film Friday.

As usual, it'll either flop or be a total smash hit and change the face of the film industry with its completely new 3D/live action/animation/motion capture technology.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of heard the dialogue is dreadful and the whole story shoddy. :lol: Don't know how someone got that because, if I have the right information, the film in its entirety hasn't been shown yet.

I'm, however, really not interested in the story, but rather this new shooting technique and the music.

You think it'll flop? Yeah, I can see it. I think Titanic had a budget of something like $200m or so, but times've changed and many aren't turned on by sci-fi stuff. Plus, a billion other reasons might contribute to that probable flop.

Or... It can be a huge hit. Who knows.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't say I understand the hype around this film. For James Cameron's big return it's certainly ambitious. When I saw the trailer during 2012 I didn't know it was him and just assumed it was so sure-to-flop cheap Sci Fi film that's going to be dumped out. The blue people didn't look that good on the big screen, IMO. I also wasn't impressed with the cast. I had no idea it was this major, big budget event until I read into it. Of course I'm not a big fan of these big budget modern films so I may be completely wrong. Definitely will be interesting to see how it does.

• Members

Well, no one here cares about plot. There are more clichés than holes in the Swiss cheese.

What will be interesting to see it how it does in box office, the revolutionary 3D filming technology with stereoscopic cameras (so this movie should be seen in 3D cinema), whether the music will be revolutionary too as Horner promised (most likely - not) and so on...

Archived