OLTL: Tuc Watkins on Wendy Williams Show

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet Wendy had no clue about that, I don't ever remember her dishing soap people on her radio show besides Shemar Moore (they used to play an audio clip of a dentist's drill whenever they'd mention his name :o:lol: ). I gotts see if I can find the clip online (Lord knows her show runs like four times a day) to see if she snuck in a , "Tuc, how you doin'?"

• Members

^^I have a feeling she'll get the hang of it (if she's given the time to do so), but radio is definitely Wendy's medium and it really shows. She just doesn't have the timing, the pace of television down yet. We used to listen to her during afternoon drive time, her show was pretty addictive ("Miss a day, and miss a whole lot!"). One of her other catchphrases, "It is what it is" also held true, there was a very casual, intimate, endearing quality to her radio show. They were always cutting up and screwing up, stuffing their faces and drinking champagne on Friday afternoons. I remember one time in particular something was going on in the next room and Wendy and her sidekick left their headsets and it was dead air for what felt like a good five minutes, such a "no no" by broadcast standards. But it's that kind of casual energy that I think served her much better on the radio than on TV, her radio show never felt boring and her TV show unfortunately drags a little.

• Members

I've loved Wendy since high school. Her radio show is my favorite, though. Again, it's that 2-6 slot that I'm used to getting my fix. Especially during the summer when I'm with my friends and we're stopping here and there or parked at a friends house and have the car radio on. It's a very "dish amongst friends" vibe she has. I'm happy for her TV show because it is a career move, but her medium is definitely radio for the kind of thing she does. There's too little air time in television to discuss and gossip.

Anyway, I'll try to catch it (we're old school -- no DVR or VCR's anymore, so if we see it, we see it. If we don't... oh well!) this evening on BET... if I dare. I'm part of the black community that is anti-BET.

• Members

I have the Whitney/Wendy interview saved on my hard drive, for occasional laughs. That was a trip. And Wendy handled herself like a true pro.

She needs more controversial guests and more gossip on her talk show. People who don't want to go to her, but HAVE to go to her to promote their movie or CD to urban auds.

I like when she asked Aubrey O'Day if she had botox or a nose job. LOL.

• Members

Yeah, I wish I'd made more of an effort to catch her radio show more often, it's like we'd go for months at a time tuning in, then life/schedules would change and we'd miss it for another few months. She went through a lot of "ish" as they say, allegedly violent/sexual harassing husband, lawsuits, budget cuts, suspension, firing of Charlemagne... I think for her (and for me as a listener), the loss of the Bonus Hour here in the tri-state area was the last straw, it was her (and my) favorite hour of the show. I listened to her final radio broadcast, and of course she got a little choked up at the end but promised that she'd return to radio someday. I believe her. So I miss the radio show yet I'm relieved that I don't have to keep up with it if that makes any sense. :P

Archived