Press Release from AMC's New Production Facility

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, that hospital set I'm sure was not cheap to build. They're trying to justify their investment. It is a nice hospital set except for the faux would pieces that cover the windows that look into the patient's room which they occasionally move whenever they want to capture a shot of a character in a coma.

• Members

Oh, damn!

So now AMC, out of all the soaps, has the best production facility? That's cool.

Can they also "upgrade" some of their staff (JHC!! JHC!! JHC!! JHC!!) to go along with the fabulous new studio?

This really does speak well for the network's commitment to All My Children. They wouldn't do all this for a show they want to cancel. Poor OLTL just gets AMC's leftovers.

• Members

Yes, Y&R tapes on TWO soundstages, not one. They spend half of the day taping on one soundstage, and the other half taping on another soundstage.

I don't know if any other shows occasionally tape on those two soundstages, but Y&R is indeed produced on two soundstages.

B&B operates on just one though.

• Members

In your opinion. In my own opinion, which is where I was coming from, any posts about that damn show in an AMC thread is hijacking. Just like how the thread about Agnes Nixon's son in-law's article on writing for AMC turned into a "Y&R's writing team is better than AMC's" thread for some ungodly reason, this is turning into a "Y&R has more studio space than AMC!" travesty. What the hell does Y&R have to do with this?

Archived