August 3-7, 2009

Toups

• Members

I'm cheering if that happens. Too bad Benard and Burton won't be following him out the door.

Yeah, it is looking like ABC will phase out its soaps.

Same here. I am fascinated watching the death of a tv genre. ABC's decision to move AMC was a surprising twist. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still say the way it's going with OLTL, it could possibly outlive AMC and maybe even GH. They seem to be hemorraging less viewers at this time, and they get the most critical acclaim(at least they DID) and the show while has it's moments doesn't suck as hard as AMC and GH do

• Members

If I was Frons, I would make my decision on what was best for future programming and reducing production costs so GH would be the first to go. AMC and OLTL would be solid led-ins for the new inexpensive talk show at 3:00 p.m. Aisha Tyler is young and hip. To bring in the 18-49 women demo. I would make sure sthat she has hip hop and pop acts on her show along with celebrity guests over the typical talk show topics. After a year, I would dump OLTL and a year later AMC so by 2012, 2013 the latest all the ABC soaps would be gone.

• Members

I am afraid that you are right. The writing has been too bad for too long. In the past month, I have even quit watching every day (and I have been watching for over 20 years). I have said it 1000 times, but the self-contained episodes are the stupidest idea to ever be introduced to soaps, and are 100% how ATWT approaches things now. No suspense, no investment, and no reason to tune in tomorrow. NO BRAINER.

• Members

I gave up my final soap (Y&R) in March. Looks like it was just in time. While these ratings suck, I'm not at all surprised by them. When you have writers that couldn't care less about the long term viewers, nor what the majority of the viewing audience wants to see, this is what happens. And viewers are leaving Y&R in droves!

Archived