Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vail Bloom is still listed under recurring in the Y&R credits. I guess she was never offered a new contract. I doubt Heather's role will be expanded upon anytime soon, this writing regime seems to have very little interest in her if they're not making her look like an incompetent ADA to push their agendas about other characters.

• Members

I just don't see what so special about CK emoting. when she get hurt I cheer on the person who hurt her. Matter of fact I want them to keep hurting her. I'm sure that's not the reaction they want from a viewer. Since her emote is so powerful.

Sherwood is above boring & bland CK acting range. She brough freshness to Lily because of her chemistry with people that played Niel, Dru, Daniel, & Devon. CK didn't bring in anything & she still not bringing anything to the role of Lily.

• Members

Yup. It's really from that amazing time with Engen that she "re-engineered" my image of her. I've been a fan ever since. Seeing her all buttoned up and vindictive...I just want to see a man help her get all unbuttoned...and also get a little more exploration of the roots of her sanctimoniousness. I think we kind of know why she is all law-and-order.

I kind of wish she and Chance would bump into one another...and behind closed doors get all wild and lose their stuffed shirts.

Sounds to me like we have our next Soapnet primetime spinoff! I could totally enjoy that, though I wouldn't enjoy it on the Y&R regular show. Teenage runaways and seniors threatened with eviction on a regular basis. It's just too much....

• Members

CK whines --- that's not emoting. She doesn't do sarcasm or comedic well which made her look amateur beside E. Hendrickson who is just excellent at that. Her puppy love thing is all she seems to be able to hit (Lily should be past that). She doesn't do tragedy well (mostly because she never seems invested in it). The difference beetween Ck and Sherwood approach is Sherwood seemed to me a bit tougher for the softer Lily but with her I truly believe the character would have grown. I was starting to see her meet the emotional demands of the role while still keeping her fire, i.e. the Devon meningitis storyline. Sherwood also exuded a confidence as Lily Winters that was believable against , as well as reminiscent of, Drucilla & Neil Winters. Even if Sherwood isn't right for Lily Khalil doesn't cut it nor is she better.

Archived