Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they care that she's been in the role so long -- I think they just see her as the ideal Lily. Lily, along with what is now known as Sharin, and Amber, represent their ideal view of women -- somewhat desperate women who have no control over their own lives and depend entirely on men.

• Members

I disagree, CK is the one with limited skills as a actress. People who was down for DS short stunt as Dru daughter. Saw more potential in her then they ever did in CK two years that she was Lily.

They brought back Sweet Valley High because she appeal to white viewers while she lack the connection to the black viewers the ones who should matter. Since black viewers are leaving Y&R there ratings haven't been the same. This just proves my point about CK protrayal of a black character that black viewers can't connect with. After Dru left the ratings for the black audience shouldn't have drop off like it did. CK was frontbuner for a while after Dru death. CK was allow to interact with everybody but the blacks & the ratings still slide. Now to me she just an after thought because now these Idiots in Charge finally realize the limitation that is Sweet Valley High.

When Dru went over the edge so did the Baber & Winters clan. Because Dru had to represent not only Dru but for Winters & Baber clan. CK can't even represent for Lily the right way. How she going to carrying the Winters & Baber clan?

• Members

Did you love her because you saw the potential she brought to the role. & saw her getting better. I'll admit her crying did need to improve.

When I first heard of Lily coming to town & the decription they use. I already had an idea in my head. When I saw who they cast. All I could think of Romeo & Juliet with the big part of their storyline would be Dru & Phylis. When they recast with Davetta all I thought about her storyline potential. I wanted to see her and Daniel start their jewelry business. She would definitely had to act opposite of Nikki, Katherine, Jill, Jack, Victor.

What exactly CKLily is about?

• Members

I loved her because to me she had real talent and made me think of Lily as a real person instead of a stepford wife clone. I also thought she improved a lot from the time she started until the time she was fired, CK hasn't and it doesn't look like she will ever improve or expand as an actress.

• Members

Oh, you're totally right. Those of us who thought Lily was good in the role (right when she came back from Paris, and during her initial run with Daniel) fully know she is VERY LIMITED. It was a mistake to bring her back. I totally co-sign that.

Honestly, in her early months, I really thought DS had a very limited range. But before she was fired, I totally accepted her as Lily, and I thought she had nicely evolved in the role. I found her firing unnecessary, and I definitely don't think she should have been replaced with CK.

• Members

Her emoting needed to improve. Period. I specifically remember a scene where Sherwood's Lily asked Daniel if he was cheating on her, and the delivery sounded like she was asking how he likes his coffee. And by the end of her stint she looked like she didn't even want to be there.

Khalil is definitely a limited actress, but compared to Sherwood, she's the lesser of two evils.

• Members

Replying to crap in the episodes thread about 'Adam burnt a fetus'. I don't dare reply there, because that is not "Episodes talk". So, I'm replying here.

Yes, of course he burned fetal material. At that point, it was probably just a teaspoon full of fetus, and the rest was miscellaneous fluids. Maybe a tablespoon at most. Let's not have images of Chris Engen picking up this cute pink little cherub and burning it. We weren't to that point.

Plus, who knows if the stairs caused the miscarriage. I'm serious. It doesn't usually happen that instantly. The child could well have been dead some time before that--and resorbed. The escapade on the stairs could just have knocked it loose, not killed it.

There are too many unknowns. People want ot make Adam unredeemable over this, but it was clearly established that he did not intend to cause this. He was trying to drive her nuts to render Victor alone...not kill her baby.

Dude felt so bad about what he did, he stole another baby for her.

Some people think the baby stealing makes him unredeemable...but in his mind (not crazy--just twisted) he thinks Sharon was too much of a mess to have that baby...and Ashley needed it for her sanity.

In his mind he's gonna fix Sharon up too--by giving her another baby. He's working on it right now.

Of course he's a twisted f*ck...but that's what makes daytime spin...unless you're some kind of "moral absolutist".

• Members

I think that went out the window as soon as Ashley was rushed to the hospital with bleeding. Didn't Adam even put in newspaper clippings of Sabrina around the time she was there, just to twist the knife further? He knew she could lose the baby, and he didn't care.

The thing is, I don't really care about Adam's pain, or what Adam meant to do. So much of this story has been about poor Adam, with the women in the story reduced to babymakers, or blow-up dolls. This story could have been about Ashley's denial and paranoia, and Sharon's devastation. Instead, Ashley is just sort of there, and Sharon's grief was sidestepped so she could become a pawn for alpha male posturing.

Archived