Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, there was Ashley B. as Mac in like 99. She left and we got Kelly K. as mac (that mac had the wedding to billy). then after the char left and came back it was Ashley B. again and then they fired her and hired Rachel K. as Mac and then she left and Clem F. came on.

Mac as a character has been a disaster ever since her first storyline, IMHO.

• Members

Damn! You found me. Just kidding!tongue.gif

Some random thoughts:

1. This writing regime would have redeemed both David Kimble and Matt Clarke. They probably would have gotten quicke redemptions too or dopplegangers for the actors.

2. Ambers concern for Little D came out of nowhere. For 3 years she acted as if he never existed, but now she's worried about him. The anvils they have (Phyllis's "Kids need their mother" or Daniels "I'm a long way off from having kids") are more obvious than if there were actual anvils to fall down from the sky.

3. I thought that the special Billy episode was going to air on Christmas Eve aka Emmy bait for Billy Miller. I'm hoping John slaps him and tells him to quite with his whinning. Here's a promo for the "special" episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROxmWMkz7Wo&feature=player_embedded.

• Members

I'm just tired of these gimmicks with Billy. He has been a selfish, unpleasant character since he returned to town, so dressing that up in a sudden turn towards the even more ridiculous, just in time for a Christmas Emmy miracle, it seems very cheap. I hate this Emmy bait stuff. I thought Billy Miller was bad on the Christmas episode, it was all a bad parody of an alcoholic. Why this needs a reward I don't know.

• Members

You're probably one of the few people online that thought Miller was bad in that episode. I always read that he's the only reason to watch this show and that he's never had a bad scene and that he killed in his drunk scene.

I think he would be much better if the character wasn't so unpleasant.

• Members

I probably am the only one, or one of the few. I also feel like I'm one of the few who usually doesn't get "Chilly" or that he was somehow doing great until Mac returned. I even ended up siding more with Cane and Lily in that awful custody battle story which seemed designed to prop Chilly. I just think he has been extremely forced from the start, has no real chemistry with most of his love interests (except Sharon Case), and I don't believe him in dramatic scenes. I always see him acting. It's common for this show now -- when Colleen died, the only character I really felt was Traci, the others I just saw actors standing around -- but it does get on my nerves. It reminds me a lot of when Tom Pelphrey was at GL and he was always ACTING and this was passed off as being superb. It's like on Big Brother or Survivor, where, if someone says over and over that they are a mastermind, the viewer is more likely to believe them, whether they actually are or not.

I know not all alcoholics are alike but I've never seen any alcoholic like Billy was in that episode. The whole thing was just awful, especially when he would wander around grinning and chugging from his shaker/decanter. It was like a Dean Martin roast gone wrong.

I would like, eventually, to see less ACTING and to finally see the character of Billy again. That's not Billy Miller's fault, because he's never had a character to play, the writing has been awful from the start, but it's so distracting to see the constant mugging and dead space in place of any sort of characterization.

• Members

I love the character. I don't think he's the only reason to watch, but he is a huge bright spot for me. I could actually do with him being a jerk for another couple of years before he has an awakening, but this show's pace is so break neck these days. I'm having a hard time adjusting to it.

Archived