Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Members

The biggest problem is even making people care. I think a lot of people lost interest in this character long ago. Recasting with an actor who looks too old for the part and has little chemistry with his co-stars and has a cold presence makes it hard to be invested in Adam, even without his vile actions this year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adam really doesn't look all that old to me. Yes, older than JM, but it's just not glaring to me. I liked CE more, but I think I could have liked MM's Adam if the writers had bothered to give me anything to like. I was catching up on episodes today and I had the TV muted for a few mins while Sharon and Adam were on and I actually thought "Hey, these two could have been a cute couple under different circumstances". But instead of writing an interesting, viable triangle they are hitting us over the head with Adam as evil monster and Nick as white knight. Meanwhile our heroine is clueless and helpless as usual. :mad:

• Members

To say that fans of the character are ,mostly who make up fans of the couple is a bit of a leap. There's a mixture of support from many different fanbases. Phick fans, shick fans and people who don't even necessarily seem to care otherwise. I don't know what the appeal of Shadam is but I guess some have bought into it

• Members

It sounds so ridiculous that one would think someone would call them on it. Who edits? Who produces? The actors no longer voice opinions about, at the very least, the details of the story that throws off any continuity? Too many people run this ship for this to even happen, I guess they know better than to sit through their own episodes or I guess it is a shut up and do it kind of attitude. I just don't get the average intellectual viewer who sees this and is not bothered on some level. It's just a show but there are probably better options

• Members

:lol: Pimping? Simply suggesting that was where the story seems to be headed... :lol:

They read SON??? :lol: ATTENTION Y&R WRITERS: Please see upthread for a who-shot-Adam storyline suggestion! Feel free to PM for additional story ideas or to have who-shot-Adam fleshed out! :lol:

Sharon has muscles? Honestly, no way do I see farmboy-Adam...heir apparent to TGVN...allowing a woman to carry her own tree. I put that all on Adam, actually.

When they forgot...forgot...that Victor had two vasectomies...that was all we needed to know. Natalie Minardi Slater and Janice Ferri Esser said nothing. Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott and Jeanne Cooper (among others) said nothing. OR, if they said anything, it was ignored.

Continuity is dead. P3--whom we watched die on screen--can be resurrected for a reason no more substantial than 'a good Friday tag'. And he can be discarded 6 months later after a handful of appearances.

ATTENTION Y&R WRITERS: We can fix these continuity problems for you! :lol:

• Members

Yes. You have developed a whole mental Y&R story-cleansing method. Your brain now applies it automatically when it sees cr*p. :) It deep-washes it. Somehow, for some reason, you feel miserable if your show is cr*p and you just go into cleansing mode to feel better.

Nothing wrong with that. :) But it's a method.

• Members

I like that. "My story-cleansing method". Hmmm. That feels like something that can be built upon.....

From the episodes thread (where you took my quote about the Adam coat-throwing and extracted the quote "My guess is that this was actually good writing"

Oh damn, Sylph....this little character MarkH that you keep writing is so consistent in his apologia, no? I should just add that he added some context to that quote you edited down :lol:

But maybe I should have added a metaphor? How can I work in a symphony reference? ? :lol:

• Members

I'm responding to something MarkH said in the episode discussion, but my answer feels it belongs in the Potpourri Thread.

There is no glamour in soaps anymore. Everyone feels so middle class. The fanciest place is an athletic club. Soaps can't afford to be glamourous anymore. MAB can be just as much of a hippy as LML.

I'm going to assume that this is the writers lame attempt at being 'hip'. Most of the favorite characters are snarky these days.

They don't give a rats ass about any Abbott not named Billy. They don't care about Paul for the most part unless he's related to a nutjob.

There have been a number of made up memories over the past few years, which started with Latham. Victoria's nickname being 'racket' and I think(someone correct me if I'm wrong) Colleen's angle from Brad and the bedtime story she loved were made up.

Archived