Stuart Damon joins ATWT

• Members

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/07/01/breaking-news-stuart-damn-to-as-the-world-turns

Soap Opera Digest has learned that Stuart Damon (Alan, GH) is reportedly joining the cast of ATWT in a new role. He joins fellow GH/PC pals Jon Lindstrom (Craig), Julie Pinson (Janet), and Lynn Herring (Audrey). Since the show is so far ahead with their taping schedule, look for the actor to debut sometime around September.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't get it. When GL had ratings like ATWT has now, it couldn't hire ANYONE and was actually shedding actors. But ATWT has the budget to go out hiring not only new cast members, but EXPERIENCED (expensive) actors! What gives?!?!

OTOH, at least he isn't stuck playing a ghost anymore.

• Members

Great for him! SD has always seemed like a genuinely good man. I don't watch ATWT and I have no idea what kind of shape that show's in, but the simple fact that he's employable is all right with me. And since he's in New York, maybe he'll book some good theatre as well.

• Members

VOM = Villain of the Month. ATWT's practice of bringing on a new character (or two, sometimes three) who weasels his or her way into the lives of Oakdale citizens with the intent of doing no good. These characters usually stick around for a month or two before their evil deeds are revealed and they're written out. It's been going on since at least 2005, and some past VOMs have included BJ Green, Nick Kasnoff, Eve Browning, Winston Mayer, Gray Gerard, Cleo Babbitt, Zac and Zoe Finn, and others. They even bring back characters with the purpose of making them a villain, if only for a month, such as Adam Munson and Damian Grimaldi. Go through some ATWT monthly recaps over the last couple of years...there's always a villain of the month.

• Members

It's probably a quick role, or a cheap one.

This is savvy for ATWT, although if he is just another villain, or bit character, then I don't want to get excited. I have so many wonderful memories of Lynn and Stuart, they were superb together, and separately, and knew how to play everything GH threw at them. When I think of today's GH, dominated thugs and thug lovers and mob molls, most of whom can barely rise above their own tics and twitches, I feel sad.

• Members

It sure didn't. Wally Kurth's character, that ventriloquist...didn't he turn out to be eeeevillll too? And then there was the character Yancy Butler played, the woman who kidnapped Parker, which lead to Carly being stuck in quicksand in Montana. WTF, World Turns. Good lord.

I honestly never ever ever saw Gray Gerard. At all. I quit the show for a while, came back, and apparently all of this crap involving him went down while I was gone. For about two months.

Archived