B&B: Week of June 29, 2009

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, the comedy/sitcom of Nick/Bridget vs Jackie/Owen was...entertaining. It was pure sitcom...but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But can you imagine that Mr. John F. Smith, former headwriter of Y&R, penned sh!t like this??

Also, would three adults sit around and discuss others' sex lives?? Really?

• Members

No, I can't. That's right up there with Mulchaey's "You're a star now, Phoebe". Wow. Seriously, do they drug them up over there? I don't get it.

It's got to be an international thing. I can't figure out why else they do that.

• Members

Thank you for posting that awful dialogue. It reminds me of the Soap Opera Encyclopedia talking about when the Pollocks wrote for GH, and they had dialogue like:

Rick: You're my heaven and my hell.

Monica: You're a fever in my blood I just can't cure.

Rick: We started with each other and now we can't finish.

Hey, maybe some of the B&B writers will write for the next Dynasty...

I can't think of a better description for Ridge in the sack.

• Members

I'm back to watching B&B out of interest rather than habbit. There's still room for improvement, but overall it's good.

I like Nick and Bridget together as the stable couple who provide comic relief, without the Brooke angst or the Katie angst. Brad would be smart to keep them together in that capacity.

Also, Bill Spencer is exactly what this show has needed for ages: an amoral sleazebag tycoon intent on bringing the Forresters to their knees (like Massimo, but with sex appeal). When Bill came, the show started improving. In response to what Mark said, I assume he's not in the opening yet because they're waiting for Rick Hearst to air. Then they'll update with Diamont, Hearst and DTB. As for the end credits, it's a mistake. The same thing happened when Jennifer Gareis went back on contract in 2007 - it took them months to put her name in the credits.

• Administrator

I'm been loving Hawaii scenes. It's been light and fun (a contrast of everything else on the show which is probably why I'm enjoying it) and the beach scenes are beautiful to watch.

• Members

But, you know what? They did a decent job. Throwing some colorful plants on a Malibu beach, repurposing the rooftop as a wicker-fenced Tiki lounge...it worked. They credit the Hawaii "stock footage" at the end (from Hawaii tourism), but it was well integrated.

This is actually one of the most effective trompe d'oeil location shoots I can ever recall seeing on daytime.

• Members

And this is prob why the NY soaps suffer when it comes to location shooting. It makes less sense for a NY soap like GL or ATWT to go down the outdoor-shooting production model when LA has beach + urban + desert + mountains on its doorstep and which it can disguise as multiple locales.

• Members

It's funny, but when they shot the beach shots, there was a little cliff in the background. And I'm 90% sure that's the cliff Ridge looked down from for his "destiny westiny" spot.

Since that kind of beach access is hard to get, I'm guessing that they must be shooting from the Bell's own Malibu beach house.

Archived