OLTL: Actress FIRED!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt she gets much work outside of her recurring status on OLTL, in this economy it's pretty dumb for her to react like this. All she had to do was say a few lines, rather that actually lined up with her beliefs was irrelevant, it's work.

• Members

Of all the stupid........

GMAFB, the "shut up and act" stuff is rude for one thing, if anything actors need to speak out more. I hate that attitude that they should shut up and do their jobs, it's something I could see coming from Frons or even Pratt and Guza.

I see NOTHING wrong with her speaking out, no one knows the characters better than the actors who play them.

• Members

Speaking out for character integrity is one thing. Letting bigotry dictate your career is another. If she couldn't stand to play Carlotta as gay-friendly, that's her own fault. According to the source, that "went against her beliefs." Good luck finding more work in New York.

It saddens me, really. I've loved her and I wouldn't have believed this of her before. But the story presented is pretty cut and dried.

• Members

Number one, actors are hired to act, period. They can bitch about character all they want, but they are hired to play a role, and read the lines, period. Not to write their own parts.

Second, if this is true, she's a bigoted homophobe, and I say good riddance to her.

• Members

I'm a black woman and just because our President is black doesn't stop how others may feel about blacks. I happen to respect people who stay true to their beliefs. If they don't like, or are against a particular culture for personal, or religious reasons more power to them. I don't have to agree, and I would never try to change their minds. If the actress felt it was against her beliefs, then she was right to voice it. I'm sure she knew that she would be axed, so again I give her props. What I think is so sad is one soap has a gay couple, then the other soaps are rushing to follow suit. What about when AMC brought back Angie and Jesse, why didn't TIIC on other soaps say "Hey, let's get a Latino family, Black family, or Asian family, etc., too!" It's like the Gay community is their new pet project. GMAFB!

Archived