OLTL: Actress FIRED!

• Members

Read my reply again... celebrate isn't the content... the content is respect others opinion, even if it differs from your own. And if if differs from your own, "goodbye, sayonara!" However if you try to force your beliefs on others that makes you a bigot too! A bigot against opinions that differs from your own. Peace!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By your standards, that would leave no room for any kind of stable definition of legitimate (such as it is) bigotry or prejudice. So what is bigotry, in your eyes? Or is there no such thing, and we all just have to live with each other's petty hatreds and not bother advocating for ourselves?

• Members

We never left bigotry, dear. It's just that I'm trying to understand what the hell you're talking about. See, until now, I never realized that my hatred for, say, the killers of Matthew Shepard or the Ku Klux Klan only made me "a bigot against opinions different from my own."

• Members

LOL. The big questions: Will Patrica Mauceri release a statement on her MySpace? Will Nelson and Perez gang up on her and will the latter write "HOMOPHOBE" all over her picture, complete with dripping cum from the mouth? Will Saundra Santiago be elated, jumping up and down, tweeting about her role while drinking the Fruit Punch Kool-Aid the show gives her?

• Members

it has nothing to do with her being a bigot or homophobic, she is saying that her character of Carlotta, that she has played for years would not be gay friendly and she was basically fired for saying that she knows her character better then the writers do!

• Members

That's not what I'm getting from this at all. It says straight out that it conflicts with HER personal beliefs. Well, I don't give a damn about her personal beliefs. No one is asking her to F*ck Dorian onscreen. She needs to say what the writers want her to say or get the hell off my screen. How can a show even function if every actor refuses to say lines that they don't like?

• Members

Okay, let me make myself clear... I don't have any hatred for anyone whose "opinion" differs from my own, whether it's against me, or my culture. What I "dislike" is advocators who work to conform everyone to their way of thinking. When the actress stated her opinion it cost her, her job. But, she said what she believed and was forced, or agreed to move on. You see, you still think it's bigotry... I think it's a matter of opinion... I can't change your opinion... You can't change mine. The killers of Matthew Shepard, or the KKK just make me sad. They don't inspire hate in me. I have heard people say that the killers of MS should have their family members murdered to see how it feels. That's extreme, but it's their opinion, such as "I no longer have respect for an actress that doesn't want to play a friend to gays," is that poster's, or posters' opinion. I see what people refer to as "bigotry" as taught-beliefs, ingrain opinions. That's what makes us human... even your hatred and my sadness. However, as long as it remains an opinion and no one turns that opinion into an act of injuring, on another, physically.

• Members

You can repeat yourself until the cows come home that isn't what the statement says. It uses the actual words CONFLICTS WITH HER PERSONAL BELIEFS. It does not say that it conflicts with Calotta's beliefs. How the hell would PM know that. Either way it isn't her place to decide what Carlotta would feel. It's the writers job.

• Members

Folks I highly doube Mauceri is a homophobe.

She played a role in the gay movie I think I do which featured Tuc Watkins and Alexis Arqueete a few years back. If she was a homophobe she would not have made a gay movie.

I have heard from other sources it was that she felt her character would not be gay friendly due to Carlotta's strong Catholic beliefs. My source says their sources are not setside or anything but just from others in the business who are supposedly in the know.

And one of the two mentioned before has already labeled Mauceri a homophobe on his Facebook.

• Members

And since when have set side sources been 100% true.

The report also says Mauceri was fired.

How in the hell can you be fired when you didn't have a contract. You can't fire someone who doesn't even work for you.

The best that can be said is once again OLTL dedided to use her - they called to see if she was free - and due to circumstances she chose not to play the role.

They couldn't fire someone who had no legal ties to the show at all.

AMEN

Archived