Y&R: Lily/Cane Spoiler

• Members

I thought they brought back this Lily so some viewers won't be offended by all the non black men she dates. So they will never will address it. & since they don't have any black writers to tell them they going to have to address the issue soon or later.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see bashing a character but the actress ???

Well CK now how to play stuck up & her nose in the air very well.

Anyways boring, who cares. Now we'll get all high and might Lily and CK probably won't even be able to pull that off

• Members

Should have known they'd crash and burn when they were so speedily married.

Hope this doesn't mean she's with Phillip now, let Chloe has him. She's not a bore to watch like CK is.

• Members

BWAHAHAHAH!!! Darn, you just made my day!

It sounds like they've turned Dru's daughter into the biggest slut in the Valley!!! Dru needs to come back (looking faboulous and all with some afro puffs for effect) and slap some sense into her and when she turns back around from the slap, she's played by a different actress.

• Members

I was watching some DS scenes on YouTube yesterday, what a little spitfire, I miss the hell out of her. And yeah Lily has turned into a little slut*, she's slept with the same amount of men Colleen and Mac have -- combined.

*not a real one before people get all mad. It's a joke.

• Members

Have you and Darn seen this?

Davetta :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9L_CICzS2g

I ain't scurrrred!!!! LOL! I guess I don't know what I might be getting myself into here. I haven't been posting about Y&R for a couple years now, so I might be unaware of some of the sensitive issues these days ... though it seems this one in particular is still hovering over Y&R boards like a mountain hovers over the ... well, you catch my drift. ;)

• Members

Goodness she is just gorgeous.

And yeah, had to add a note because the CK/DS wars are still fresh in the minds of many. I can say without hesitation that the Lily stories we've gotten over the last 2 years would not have happened with DS in the role. For one VR would still be here...

• Members

No, not DS. I understand why she was liked...I understand what people see as "closer to Dru" in her.

But DS was not a particularly strong actress.

I acknowledge she could have grown. I just watched an early Sharon-Nikki scene (from 1995, I think) today, and Sharon was not good. Like Davetta, there was a real lack of emotional range in her face and acting. And, while Sharon is still not the show's very best actress, she is damn good.

So, had Davetta stayed, I think she could have become very strong.

But now I think the thing to do is recast. Use the Cane tragedy and send Lily out of town to get her head together...maybe to visit Nate or Malcolm. And when she returns, the recast (or CK after extensive acting school) needs to draw from a bigger pallete.

Archived