Dickson announces re-release of "Welcome To My Home" in June

• Members

Oh my! I didn't know who this woman was when I clicked on this topic, but after seeing that YouTube clip I was so curious about this actress who was last seen when I was 5 or 6 on a show that I've never really watched that I had to look up her Y&R scenes on YouTube. Wow! I had no idea that Y&R ever did such blatant camp. How fun. I've seen Jess Walton as Jill, mostly in Emmy clips over the years, and I have nothing but respect for her, but her predecessor was certainly...one of a kind. From those clips, I can kind of see how Y&R got to be # 1 in the ratings by the mid-80s, when practically every other soap had ripped off GH's goofy action adventure and supercouple format (aka camp for straight men and tween girls - not exactly a reliable audience for soaps) which had itself gone to the well too many times for that one and was burning out.

As for the video, what was the point of this? I couldn't tell from the edit on YouTube. Was she selling some product, or just giving her fan base a glimpse of her fabulous life because there was such a market for that? Does anyone suppose that she (or more likely someone working behind the scenes on the video, looking for some way to amuse themselves) was channeling Grey Gardens? I half expected, when she was going through her closet, that she was going to explain why panty hose under a skirt is such an important costume for today, becaus one can always take off the skirt and wear it as a cape.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl, yes indeed she DID. I've been told she had it written into her contract that she was to wear her own clothes, as she didn't like what the show provided for her. She had some GORGEOUS silk blouses, that silver one she wore when she had the "fantasy sequence" of drowning Kay in the hair washing basin was to die for. I also LOVED the purple and green caftan she had when she gave the press conference about the divorce form John.

• Members

OMG! Did you all see the Brenda Dickson EVICTED video?? It's terribly sad, unintentially and shamefully funny as well. i would never want to see anyone evicred but her biggest reaction is to losing her clothes as she drives away in a Mercedes Benz. This is so surreal and to those who want a Brenda Dickson reality show? I say Soapnet there's SO much gold in this idea. Solid gold. DIAMONDS and gold...

If you haven't seen it - here it is.

http://brendadickson.blogspot.com/

Oh - and why wasn't this video a thread? it was posted in March! Did I miss it?

• Members

OMG, poor Brenda! That is awful, and I can't believe I watched the whole thing without FF'ing.

Does anyone else also feel sorry for the maid?

This isn't funny, but when she bent down to go in that safe, I was just waiting for her to stand up and turn around packin' heat. "You are NOT welcome to my home!!"

• Members

I admire that, Mark, but she posted the video. I am so drawn in by her episodes. i think she wants to be discussed and enjoys every bit of attention she gets - good or bad. She just desperately needs to be seen and be heard. Don't you think she needs her own reality show? It would be THE reality show to end all reality shows.

I wish i had some clout in this town to prep a pilot for her. Just following her with a camera crew chronicling her "comeback". It would be like Lisa Kudrow's The Comeback only funnier (and I thought "The Comeback" is one of the funniest shows on TV.

• Members

I loved, loved, loved Lisa Kudrow's The Comeback.

I think Brenda has something called "Borderline Personality Disorder". And so while I admit to being riveted (I watched both parts of the eviction video...I'm no saint), I just feel a bit guilty about participating in her destruction.

But if E! or Bravo or Soapnet put on the Brenda Dickson Show, I'd watch it faithfully. Damn, I'm a hypocrite.

• Members

I can see what she meant about the wardrobe. It stands out.

I saw some later photos of her and she bleached her hair for reasons I can't fathom. I thought she looked beautiful, a very exotic beauty, during her Y&R tenure.

At least she seems to have avoided plastic surgery, or at least she did in the last photos I saw. I thought Jamie Lyn Bauer also had an exotic beauty but she looked very different when she showed up on Y&R again 5-6 years ago.

• Members

There's just something about her that makes me want to see her win again. She doesn't even seem to deserve a comeback honestly. Maybe the re-release of her video will make her relevent again. I'm almost sure it won't but the optimist and crazy B-Dad fan in me hopes for one.

• Members

Imagine if she did get a show on Soapnet. Frons would actually be creating a show that has something to do with a soap. Maybe since she hasn't been on daytime in 20 years he won't hold it against her.

Archived