Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not surprised although it's disgusting, if true. Honestly, I'd rather see mumbles Braeden leave than MTS.

I never understood LML's decisions in casting the Australian(s) but Goddard should never have been made the Chancellor heir to begin with, that's been a huge f*ck up from the get go.

• Members

At the moment I love MAB, but if she lets Melody Thomas Scott go, she's worse than LML.

Yes, I went there.

Matter of opinion, obviously.

Is there something wrong with casting Australians? :huh: Look, I understand that some people have issues with the two Australians on the cast, but surely it's not beause they're Australian?

For the life of me I still don't get why everyone hates the Cane/Phillip retcon. I actually understand why LML did it. Obviously Bill Bell screwed up by killing off the 'reel' Phillip, and LML wanted Jill to have a son, and since the 2006 Billy recast was a disaster, she created Cane.

I don't see what is to be gained having the Jill/Cane thing reversed. Thom Bierdz' Phillip is dead, so obviously he can't come back. So what would be the advantage?

• Members

Because it makes no sense for Jill's son to be the same age that Goddard is, and it's going to look even more out of place when Phillip IV arrives.

If LML wanted to give Jill a long lost son, fine, but it shouldn't have been Phillip III. You don't retcon a character that has been dead for nearly 20 years. You also don't make her long lost son's nationality something from another continent, the fact that she has a long lost son is unrealistic enough, but to make him an Aussie on top of it?

This whole retcon totally screwed up the show's history and it's timeline.

Jill never needed a new son to be a viable character in the first place.

• Members

I like to say one thing. How was it a mistake that they killed of the real Philip in the 80s or early 90s? The show was doing just fine with the real Philip dead.

We didn't need this fake Philip or this stupid storyline switch they gave to Katherine & Jill just to cause a conflict between them. Because LML was a hack & she didn't have anything better to write for them.

I still think MAB should have undid Jill & Cane thing first. Only people who fighting for Cane to be true Philip is the Lame Fans they don't want Lily to look like the easiest fool they have on Y&R. The girl is just too fast. Next time she gets involved maybe she needs to do background check & not on the computer.

Archived