Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not sure if this was already known, but I was looking at a soap magazine from, I guess, March 1994, and they mentioned the show was trying to bring back John Aprea. They also mentioned casting was in the works for Felicia's new love interest, "Maxwell Kramer."

They did ultimately bring Aprea back 3 years later, but I wonder if the delay is why Felicia didn't do a lot in 1994 or early 1995.

• Members

After watching the December 30, 1983 episode of AW, anyone think the Mac's speech at the end of show about the old and new Royal Hotel was actually a speech about the show itself.  Talking about how the hotel had fallen into disrepair (AW's 1981-82) and the renovations trying to restore the hotel to its' former grandeur (AW in 1983).   

• Members

It's terrible that all these great episodes are gone from YouTube.  CBS owns Pluto TV.  P&G should allow their soaps to be place on this channel.  Pluto TV already has a 24/7 Dark Shadows and The Price is Right Bob Barker channels.  It also airs Buzzr, another game show channel that airs almost every old Goodson/Todman game show, including vintage B&W episodes of their programs.

Each P&G soap could have its own channel on Pluto TV or just create one channel, like SoapNet and air the shows in a block and repeat them throughout the day and switch the episodes each day.

• Members

I don't get it. It seems like such a lucrative opportunity, but P&G just won't do it. Even if it has to do with royalties/residuals, they can't be that expensive. And besides, don't you have to get it in writing in order to receive them? I think that's what happened with The Honeymooners. Audrey Meadows was the only cast member to receive them every time the episodes were shown because she had it written into her contract.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Oy!  Can we please return to discussing our memories of AW and dissecting the plots? If I have to read one more piece of supposition on the financial outlook of P&G, or the viability of syndication from people who are non-experts in entertainment business affairs, I am going to pull every hair out of my head!