Another World

• Members

I don't remember anything about Uncle Dru being mentioned in 1975, and I watched religiously until the summer when Susan Harney appeared and I realized the show had fired Jacqueline Courtney. I switched over to watching other shows full-time, and only recorded AW to FF through later. I do wish I could remember, however. Alas, after 45 years, memories do fade.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Borgenson was as limp and lifeless as a wet noodle and had no chemistry with anyone. God knows how she was ever cast. The only worse Alice was Wesley Pfenning. Thank God the show finally wised up and brought Jacqueline Courtney back, even though they even screwed THAT up after just a year.

• Members

I wasn't crazy about seeing Alice with Mac (it seemed too predictable), but they had to attach her to the show's leading man in order to raise the stakes of Steve's return.  It Alice had been engaged to a less important male character, the break-up and her return to Steve wouldn't have had any real consequence, and would have been a "B" storyline.  It really needed to be the "A" storyline.   

Edited by Neil Johnson