Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, teplin said:

Wonder why Russom declined?  I never saw him again after Willis left AW.

 

He's been a very successful character actor since he left AW.  He's done TV and lots of big movies.   He was in a very successful movie a few years ago, but I forget the title.  He's not really recognizable these days, unless you really know the actor and his voice.   

 

And by the way, Lyman was not a replacement for Russom at the reunion.  She may have been given his lines (I believe she was), but Lyman was invited along with all the other returnees.  She was not recruited at the last minute.  She was on the list from the beginning.  

Edited by Neil Johnson
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, teplin said:

 

I don't know why he declined, but he had a long and varied career after AW. I last saw him on Showtime's Shameless last year. Check his IMDB page. 

 

LR was great in the L&O episode from 1993 entitled "Benevolence". He was also once married to Karen "Ma Ingalls" Grassle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, denzo30 said:

I would have loved to have seen the original script but I am guessing unlikely the Janice part.  Frankly, they should have bought back more past characters even if it were just for a cameo appearance.  People like Elena Depulinac, Louise Goddard

 

I'm sure that one of the episodes would end with Douglass Watson giving a famous Mac Cory toast to the audience thanking them for 25 years of Another World.  Also, I wonder in the original script did Iris save Mac rather than Rachel "redeeming" herself after being revealed as The Chief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, watson71 said:

I'm sure that one of the episodes would end with Douglass Watson giving a famous Mac Cory toast to the audience thanking them for 25 years of Another World. 

 

No doubt - probably the last one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I  have been watching this playlist. I'm enjoying the show! I do have a question, what was Ada's last name known to be? Rachael was Rachael CORY. Felicia was Felicia Galant. On AMC, Erica was always Erica KANE and on OLTL Vicki was always Vicki LORD.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

I  have been watching this playlist. I'm enjoying the show! I do have a question, what was Ada's last name known to be? Rachael was Rachael CORY. Felicia was Felicia Galant. On AMC, Erica was always Erica KANE and on OLTL Vicki was always Vicki LORD.

 

 

Ada's maiden name was Lucas, but to the best of my knowledge, she always went by the surname of her last or present husband. So by 1988, she was Ada Hobson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone can help find information on Another World character Lieutenant Ira Buckley (1966-67).

Mike McGavin   is trying to identify the actor for the AWHP. Buckley investigated the Danny Fargo murder, and the actor's name hasn't appeared in the scripts. Anyone that may recall the actor, please let us know.
 
 
Mike has found references that Liz Matthews maiden name may have been Hill.  I've never found anything about Liz pre-marriage to William Matthews.
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slick jones said:

Mike has found references that Liz Matthews maiden name may have been Hill.  I've never found anything about Liz pre-marriage to William Matthews.

 

That's really interesting.  I wish Mike would have explained the context of this discovery, and explained why/how he feels Hill was her maiden name.  I found the announcement in the updates on AWHP, but there was no explanation at all.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neil Johnson said:

 

That's really interesting.  I wish Mike would have explained the context of this discovery, and explained why/how he feels Hill was her maiden name.  I found the announcement in the updates on AWHP, but there was no explanation at all.   

 

In the synopsis for April 8, 1966 there is the note that in the script, Liz's maiden name may have been Hill. Liz gives the name "Mrs. William Hill Matthews" for wedding invitations that would be addressed by her as the mother of the groom for Bill and Missy's wedding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, watson71 said:

 

In the synopsis for April 8, 1966 there is the note that in the script, Liz's maiden name may have been Hill. Liz gives the name "Mrs. William Hill Matthews" for wedding invitations that would be addressed by her as the mother of the groom for Bill and Missy's wedding.

 

Great!  Thanks for the information.  So that either means Liz's maiden name was Hill, or Will's middle name was Hill.  And since Hill would be a very unusual middle name, it is probably Liz's name.   Thanks again.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, allmc2008 said:

I  have been watching this playlist. I'm enjoying the show! I do have a question, what was Ada's last name known to be? Rachael was Rachael CORY. Felicia was Felicia Galant. On AMC, Erica was always Erica KANE and on OLTL Vicki was always Vicki LORD.

 

Viki on OLTL was known by her married names. In the 1980s, it was Viki Buchanan. After her divorce from Clint and subsequent remarriages, we’d hear her full name plus maiden plus married name (Victoria Lord Carpenter, Victoria Lord Davidson, etc). By the end of the series, it was back to Viki Buchanan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a question for AW old-timers:  A couple of weeks ago, there was some update info from the Another World Homepage saying they had discovered the final mention of Mitchell Dru was May 19, 1975.  But when I looked at the synopsis for that day, there was no information about that (as there usually is, for historical facts such as this one).  So, does anyone know the context of Dru being mentioned?  What was the scene?, the characters who were talking about him?, what did they say?, etc.  I asked Mike about it, and he said he didn't remember -- which is unusual, because he and Eddie almost always document information like this in detail.   

 

I watched AW through the entire Lemay era, and recall a mention of Dru sometime around 1973-75, so I'm wondering if this is the same one I remember.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Neil Johnson said:

Here's a question for AW old-timers:  A couple of weeks ago, there was some update info from the Another World Homepage saying they had discovered the final mention of Mitchell Dru was May 19, 1975.  But when I looked at the synopsis for that day, there was no information about that (as there usually is, for historical facts such as this one).  So, does anyone know the context of Dru being mentioned?  What was the scene?, the characters who were talking about him?, what did they say?, etc.  I asked Mike about it, and he said he didn't remember -- which is unusual, because he and Eddie almost always document information like this in detail.   

 

I watched AW through the entire Lemay era, and recall a mention of Dru sometime around 1973-75, so I'm wondering if this is the same one I remember.    

 

I don't remember anyone mentioning Uncle Dru that year either. The last reference to him I recall was shortly after he was written out, and Mary Matthews said she had received a postcard from him which was on the mantel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

 

I don't remember anyone mentioning Uncle Dru that year either. The last reference to him I recall was shortly after he was written out, and Mary Matthews said she had received a postcard from him which was on the mantel.

 

He was definitely mentioned sometime between '73 and '75.  I was watching, and I believe it was Pat who brought up his name to either Mary or Alice.   So it is possible the memory I have is the mention in '75 that was listed by the AWHP.  Mike did tell me the information was found by reading scripts.  But he was not aware of any details.   Typically, they note things like this in the daily synopsis, but not this time.  That makes me wonder how they even remembered it, when they posted it.   

 

And a correction -- the date listed on the AWHP is May 9, 1975.  I mentioned May 19 in my earlier post.  

Edited by Neil Johnson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy