Another World

• Members

He's been a very successful character actor since he left AW.  He's done TV and lots of big movies.   He was in a very successful movie a few years ago, but I forget the title.  He's not really recognizable these days, unless you really know the actor and his voice.   

And by the way, Lyman was not a replacement for Russom at the reunion.  She may have been given his lines (I believe she was), but Lyman was invited along with all the other returnees.  She was not recruited at the last minute.  She was on the list from the beginning.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sure that one of the episodes would end with Douglass Watson giving a famous Mac Cory toast to the audience thanking them for 25 years of Another World.  Also, I wonder in the original script did Iris save Mac rather than Rachel "redeeming" herself after being revealed as The Chief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If anyone can help find information on Another World character Lieutenant Ira Buckley (1966-67).

Mike McGavin   is trying to identify the actor for the AWHP. Buckley investigated the Danny Fargo murder, and the actor's name hasn't appeared in the scripts. Anyone that may recall the actor, please let us know.

Mike has found references that Liz Matthews maiden name may have been Hill.  I've never found anything about Liz pre-marriage to William Matthews.

• Members

In the synopsis for April 8, 1966 there is the note that in the script, Liz's maiden name may have been Hill. Liz gives the name "Mrs. William Hill Matthews" for wedding invitations that would be addressed by her as the mother of the groom for Bill and Missy's wedding.

• Members

Viki on OLTL was known by her married names. In the 1980s, it was Viki Buchanan. After her divorce from Clint and subsequent remarriages, we’d hear her full name plus maiden plus married name (Victoria Lord Carpenter, Victoria Lord Davidson, etc). By the end of the series, it was back to Viki Buchanan.

• Members

Here's a question for AW old-timers:  A couple of weeks ago, there was some update info from the Another World Homepage saying they had discovered the final mention of Mitchell Dru was May 19, 1975.  But when I looked at the synopsis for that day, there was no information about that (as there usually is, for historical facts such as this one).  So, does anyone know the context of Dru being mentioned?  What was the scene?, the characters who were talking about him?, what did they say?, etc.  I asked Mike about it, and he said he didn't remember -- which is unusual, because he and Eddie almost always document information like this in detail.   

I watched AW through the entire Lemay era, and recall a mention of Dru sometime around 1973-75, so I'm wondering if this is the same one I remember.    

• Members

He was definitely mentioned sometime between '73 and '75.  I was watching, and I believe it was Pat who brought up his name to either Mary or Alice.   So it is possible the memory I have is the mention in '75 that was listed by the AWHP.  Mike did tell me the information was found by reading scripts.  But he was not aware of any details.   Typically, they note things like this in the daily synopsis, but not this time.  That makes me wonder how they even remembered it, when they posted it.   

And a correction -- the date listed on the AWHP is May 9, 1975.  I mentioned May 19 in my earlier post.  

Edited by Neil Johnson