Another World

• Members

I would never have gotten so into AW without that website. It's so beautifully detailed. Like the Edge of Night website. I'm glad they are both still around (I think). That was also the only place to find past material for AW before Youtube came along (I know there was WOST but I never had the Internet connection strength to enjoy that while it was at its peak).

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Amy's Josie was kind of directionless her first months on the show..partly.due to her planned story changing (she and Matt were supposed to be repaired..but Matt/Donna were so popular..it was nixed).

She had an uneventful romance with Ian..before being rebranded as a cop...which I could kind of buy.  She and Gary had chemistry, and the rest is history.

I felt worse for her replacement because she didn't have Sharlene, Frankie or even the original Gary to act opposite of...so she never got the audience to accept her.  rumor had it if the show hadn't ended...she and Matt were going to be repaired.  And she had chemistry with Matt Crane so it might have worked. 

• Members

I don't think Joe wouldn't've been so bad had they instantly wedged him between the hugely popular Jake/Paulina and then made him a chauvinistic pig. A lot of the scenes were he'd tell Paulina or Sofia to shut up was hard to watch. Out of all of Jill's cop characters that emerged during that time, I always found Gabe to be the least offensive. I never understood how Joe made it to the finale. He should've been killed off, thus freeing Paulina. Had Tito had killed Joe instead of "killing" Grant, I would've enjoyed that better. 

• Members

In the last weeks of the show, I remember her and Matt having scenes where their kids would play together, and you could tell where the story would have gone. 

I always preferred John Littlefield to Tim Gibbs. I am probably the only one who did. I enjoyed his friendly chemistry with Cindy and Lila, and I thought he was very hot. Clearly Nadine Stenovitch agreed...

• Members

lol I forgot about that but yes. They had to be in on the joke, lol.

I thought she did too. Or it died or something. I remember Sharlene returning to comfort her.

I think we all do that sometimes with actors and actresses, lol. 

That's true on Joe. I would have killed Joe in the fire or like you said have Tito kill Joe. 

The actor didn't really bother me but Joe and Paulina were snoozeville and I just didn't like him with her and the writing for Paulina either. I liked him in family scenes, which is what I say about Rafe on DAYS. I just didn't like the angry shouty man thing the soaps adopted in the late 90s.

• Members

I could have bought joe and Paulina in the short te4m..cause of Paulina wanting to have the family, etc.

However, after the diet pill story..with Joe not believing her, etc.  The Paulina of 1990 to 1995 should have come out and told Joe where to go.

You saw flashes of that Paulina when she hit Tito for pretending to be her long last child.