Another World

• Members

The Frame clan was already on their way back from Harding Lemay returned. Both Sharlene and the intro of Jason Frame. In fact, there were many siblings that were introduced during the 70's. Steve had two brothers Vince and Willis and three sisters, Janice, Sharlene and Emma who all were on during the 70s's.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do think Swajeski did well with what she was given once Lemay left again.

Considering she was a program director at NBC daytime when she took over, I think she did pretty well carrying out the outlines Lemay left (if rumors were true). In fact, I think she did well with Rachel's character considering that a lot of whatever Lemay would have planned for her had to be changed given the unexpected death of Douglass Watson.

In fact, she was smart to interact Mitch/Rachel after Mac's death at the same time as Felicia's first love Lucas returned.. and how the Felicia/Mitch marriage ended was very realistic because the two had grown apart and traveled different paths.

And I think Iris' character was handled very well under Swajeski as well. Did she write Iris' romance with blue collar Hank, or was that her successor Peggy S?

• Members

Actually, it was three daughters: Window Frame, Door Frame, and Picture Frame. The roles were cast, but their acting was deemed too wooden, and they never made it to screen, except as parts of the set and props.

Jason's son, Freeze Frame, was prohibited from airing due to litigation by the J. Geils Band.

• Members

Above all else the show lost the opportunity to have Jamie torn between both families (as he should have been) and have a counterpoint to the Corys and something of a class system. This was a pet peeve of Lemay's (he later complained about how when he'd been a consultant at ATWT in the mid-90s, he'd told them it was ridiculous that three characters had private jets).

Swajeski did bring in more Frames once Jason was gone (Frankie, Dean), but they always felt oddly upmarket, as did the brief Emma recast. I just never bought them as a family.