Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great photo of Audra. It's weird to think how funny and lovable she was on Three's Company as Mrs. Roper and then to hear and read how hateful her character of Liz Matthews was on AW in the 60's.

I listened to some audio clips of her as Liz from 1969 and she was a raging witch.

• Members

Anna won for the John/Sharlene/Felicia triangle.

I haven't watched the later DID story, with Kate, but the one with Sharly was OK. It wasn't a disgrace, mostly because Anna played both personalities expertly, and Anna and Dack Rambo had solid chemistry (and the show made sure they never had sex). I always had some mixed feelings about it because I don't think they needed to put a sexual abuse history onto Sharlene. Her past as a hooker was one thing, but saying Jason had pimped her out as a child, and then all the stuff with Sharly and the mess with Taylor Benson...it almost felt like too much. I really liked the strong-yet-vulnerable woman we saw in her first 6-7 months on the show, the one who went toe to toe with Rachel and represented the Frame legacy.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Grant and Sharlene didn't sleep together? Shocking. Surprised that soap writers didn't capitalize on it.

And wasn't Kate the Sharlene returning story in 94? If so, I didn't know that Kate was an altar too. I always thought that was just an identity she was using b/c she was suffering from amnesia at that time.

• Members

Kate was an alter. She was a gatekeeper type because Sharlene needed her after everything that had happened. She sacrificed herself so that John could have Sharlene back.

Yes, today Sharly and John would have been all over each other. I think they didn't want to write it that way here because it was still a bit of a triangle after she integrated.

They did say she'd slept with Lucas years earlier, during a Sharly period. I'm not sure why the show went that route as it went nowhere.

Edited by DRW50