Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just saw Linda Dano in a Starsky & Hutch rerun from 1977 - playing totally against the type we're used to seeing her - as a woman who physically abuses her little boy. (Her kids, by the way, are played by Meeno Peluce and a pre-FOL Nancy McKeon, and the policewoman assisting S&H on the case was played by Rosalind Cash, years before becoming Mary Mae on GH.) LD was positively scary as the person one would least suspect to be a child abuser - and light years away from Felicia Gallant.

• Members

There's a little of Kinkead at AWHP - mostly her going out with some guy (her boss?) to get over Willis, and he's too fresh. Then she talks with her mother Rose. It's always so strange seeing Maeve and Kathleen Widdoes as mother and daughter, or imagining her as Ray Liotta's sister.

The most I have seen of her, she seemed very depressed. I wish Toni's work was around.

• Members

Toni Kalem in that picture looks more like Anna Stuart than Maeve Kincaid, but I digress. A Martinez (Cruz Castillo on SB) said in an interview on Brandon's Buzz some months back that he and Ms. Kalem dated for awhile back in the 70s, after she had left AW and the East Coast.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

19 years ago today- March 1, 1996- Another World aired the (You Take Me Away to) Another World theme for the last time. On Monday, March 4th, AW would debut its last theme. While the (You Take Me Away to) Another World theme was innovative when it debuted in 1987, by 1996, it was dated looking and in need of an update. Not sure the ER ripoff that JFP gave us in March 4th was what the show needed. As the show started to fire cast members, this opening got shorter and shorter as cast members were edited out of the opening sequence.

• Members

True story - years ago I bought Gary Morris' Greatest Hits II CD just for the full-length version of the AW theme. Thankfully, after listening to the other nine songs on the CD, I ended up liking most of them, too. I never did care for that last opening sequence - especially after people had left and the edits were so awkward.