Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lucas was rough around the edges but he had a soft side, and humor, and I think Iris responded to that, especially as she was at her most vulnerable with Mac gone. The way she was dumped for Felicia and as always was the town pariah left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Members

I do think she deserved a lot of the criticism she faced, but reflexively, I would just resent people who trashed her. Not everyone, but some people, it was a real battle for me to not want to smack them. Even characters I liked, like Amanda.

Donna was another who did bad things but I couldn't stand the constant judgment she faced. I was enraged by the way Stacey and Michael treated her. If they ever had a "fan February" for AW mine would have been putting a foot in Michael Hudson's flat ass every day of the month.

• Members

LMAO! I know a lot of people hated the Michael and Stacey pairing because Michael became so cruel to Donna. From watching their story during the SoapNet run, I somewhat understood why he was such a prick. I mean she did sleep with Jake, one of his least favorite people.

Now I didn't care for Amanda chewing into Iris and I always felt Amanda was too harsh towards her. I know Iris did heinous things towards her but Amanda was not saint. Especially when she was boinking Evan. I always felt she should've thanked Iris because Evan was Amanda's best pairing beside Cameron. I never cared for Sam and Amanda. Their romance is the early depiction of what is wrong with daytime now--young couples rushed into a romance then marriage and kids. Neither character got the chance to find themselves. They were just slapped together so quickly.

• Members

I think Lucas should have been Felicia's endgame, especially with Lorna around but they killed him off too soon! Trying to bring his look-a-like Nikolas on was lame. They should have just kept Lucas. I thought Dano and Aprea had very good chemistry and maybe the show realized their mistake and that's why we had Nikolas but it was too late.

I could not stand Stacey and Michael. I was never a big fan of Michael's to begin with but when he and Stacey got together I hated him even more. I thought Stacey (with Hilary Edson) was a complete waste on AW. Her pairings with Derek and then Michael were boring and seemed pointless. The only time I enjoyed Stacey was around Jamie's orbit when she had rivalry scenes with Vicky.

• Members

What bothered me with Michael's self-righteous fury is that he dumped Donna (making her think he had cheated on her). That's what led her to sleep with Jake. Yes, the coverup and losing Mikey was bad, but his part in it was ignored so he could look sympathetic. All it did was make me despise the character.

• Members

The crazy thing about Zane was that he was shot in March, 1986, shortly after he married Felicia. He was shot by a recurring character named Fayez when Zane was caught snooping around outside the treasure cave during the Egyptian treasure storyline. Zane had a sister named Annie who donated blood to save Zane's life. Then he is shot again in August, 1986, trying to help rescue Cass, Kathleen, and Cecile from Reginald Love's henchman, Ludwig. This is when he died. Whitsell and DePriest must have wanted to get rid of the character. Patrick Tovatt and Linda Dano made a great couple. In addition, their lavish wedding during Valentine's week, scored a 6.0 in the ratings according to the Another World Homepage. This was the last time, with the exception of one week in July 86, that AW ever scored a 6.0 in the ratings.

• Members

Thanks for the link. You are so right - you'd never see a scene like that on daytime (or primetime) now.

watson71, did you choose your screen name in honor of Mr. Watson? If so, what a great tribute. Not only could he do heavy, spellbinding drama - he was also adept at comedy, like when he played Tom Hanks' dad in The Money Pit.

Edited by amybrickwallace