"Rinna Says Soaps Will Be Dead in 5 Years"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everything else on TV has not evolved. There are a certain amount of shows that become "classic", like Coke. And if you change them up, you alienate the viewer and it all goes down the toilet. Tons of shows remain unchanged in format.. take for example, Meet The Press, Wheel OF Fortune, and Jeopardy. Soaps are not ephemeral shows like a sitcom can be, it's a genre of TRADITION. And it needs to stay that way.

• Members

If she was still employed in daytime, I doubt she'd be saying that.... its all relative I guess. I just am sick and tired of seeing her open her big, fat, fake mouth.... Go back to the corner and whore yourself onto Melrose :rolleyes:

• Members

See, here is the crux of the great debate. Many people feel as you do. I have come to this way of thinking myself.

More correctly, I think the CURRENT SOAPS need to preserve their traditions. Otherwise, why continue them?

I think new soaps -- whenever and wherever they sprout -- are free to reinvent whatever the heck they want. I invite the day.

Actually, as far as I know, Duhamel still pays occasional visits to the studio (AMC). He hasn't denied his roots like others.

But Lisa...she was d*mn annoying on Soaptalk. I watched for Ty, and winced for Lisa. I really miss Soaptalk...as a forum. But I don't miss her screeching "host chat" at all. I watched every single night...but it never made the screeching easier to take.

• Members

Lisa Rinna is RIGHT! Right on! She understands this genre. I also think she should stop focusing on Melrose and concentrate on saving the soap genre.

She should be an Executive Producer or Head Writer. Maybe when Rauch retires, she can go to Y&R. She would be great there.

Or maybe she should take over Frons' job at ABC Daytime when he finally moves up the ladder.

• Members

LOL thanks Lisa Rinna, tell us something we didn't already know

Soaps are only dying because they hire who people who seem hell bent on destroying the genre than trying to help it.

Soaps can grow and evolve, but to change them completely is a death knell IMO. T

Archived