Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really like new Mac. The hair is horrendous. This girl oozes depth though. I am surprised.

And this Stacey Haiduk is otherwordly beautiful. This woman could be an excellent bitch villianess. This show could use one desperately. Maybe just a notch below Sheila Carter psycho. She gives off a very scary/hot vibe. I like this chick.

• Members

Stacy is very beautiful and there is just something about her that impresses me, but I can't name it.

I like that her character gives off a scary vibe, but I wish they would never make her a psycho, just have her always be on the edge or something. Haiduk could definitely do it.

I even liked Hannah on AMC, as badly written as she was.

• Members

That would have opened up a new rivalry with Nina, would have been intersting. It would be interesting if they put Nina with Cane, oh the rivalry Nina and Jill would have another son involved with Nina, but oh well we have Lane ;)

• Members

It's only been about a day and a half, and this Mac/Billy/Chloe triangle already has better legs than Cane/Lily/Billy/Chloe.

ETA: These quad scenes are outstanding today. Really moving. So glad Jack and Nick (and Phyllis and Sharon) are just talking. Not throwing insults and screaming.

I think it was Amanda L. Beall in the credits, and if so, I really don't know why R Sinclair has a grudge against her. These are really moving scenes. I guess she was just a bad fit with the script editor at AMC, because today's scenes were really wonderful, I thought. Very adult and very mature. JMO.

• Administrator

I loved the Jack/Nick scenes too and when he said "I know you. I helped raised you."

And in the Mac/Billy scenes I love the line how they weren't in town at the same town because the pull was too strong.

Amanda Beall wrote the script AND breakdown today. Between the Mac/Billy, Jack/Nick, Sharon/Phyllis scenes today.....Good job by Amanda!

• Members

I didn't see anything spectacular from Mac and Billy.... but its early.... Stacey Haiduk is an amazing catch for Y&R. I only hope MAB realizes that and doesn't waste her like the brass did at All My Children. Stacey is so intriguing as an actress and has such a nuanced approach. She will be amazing.

I can't believe how much Liz Hendrickson has grown.... this role of Chloe was made for her.... such a step up from the bicuriuous mess that was Maggie.

• Members

Ryan & Jill :wub: All the possibilities! Now, it's too late! :(

The used Billy & Mac's theme! I liked what I saw of CF. Yes, she seemed just a tad green, and I LOVED that she didn't look all glammed up. Someone mentioned that Mac didn't smile, and it was indeed SO in line with her character... Mac rarely smiled, she was always sulky, always looked as if she had something on her mind.... The writing on Monday's episode felt EXACTLY like the writing when Ash Bash was on the show... it helped me accept the recast. Miller has incredible potential to become the leading Abbott in a few years' time. And Miller and Ford? Oh, yeah, baby, burning!

Jill, of course, was awesome, as well as Kay. "That THING is NOT my daughter!" "Oh, I think we were BORN to be enemies." The writers are handling the changing relationship well, and quite realistically. Kay is willing, but Jill can't. I HATE that they had Jill move out, it seems like it squanders so many story possibilities, but hopefully she'll be back at the mansion soon. Great to hear them talk about the Mansion Fight and Jill calling the house a "masoleum" was made of :wub:

Sharon/Jack/Nick/Phyllis.... I can't help it, but I love it. Some very tender, and sweet moments between Nick and Sharon. Exquisite music. Just wonderful.

Archived