AMC: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009

• Members

Written by

Chip Hayes

Directed by

Steven Williford

PROLOGUE:

A. Wildwind: DPU: Krystal refuses to go on the run with David and Lil' A. David sends Lil A out. Krystal wants to know what he's thinking? They've already been told not to have contact with Lil' A while he's in foster care. Now he wants to add kidnapping? What if the police find out? David's sure the police already know. David tells them he was staying with Jesse and Angie.

B. ConFusion Bar: Angie's kicking herself over the hand puppet. Jesse says don't upset herself. They have Lil' A under court order. David won't do anything.

C. Hubbard Loft: Natalia's panicking. JR knows where Lil' A is. JR says LA didn't wander off. He went with someone he knew. He gets on the phone and calls Jesse.

D. ConFusion Bar: Kendall says she can't move in with Ryan. She cant do that to the boys. Ryan says do what? He's Spike's dad, she's Ian's mom. Kendall says she can't move the boys -- not after everything they've been through. She doesn't want to confuse them. Kendall feels the boys need stability. Ryan asks if she doesn't think he can provide them that. Kendall says she doesnt want to confuse them any more. She and Zach will stay in the house. It's the best thing for boys.

E. Slater House: Zach notices Ian not breathing. Erica calls 911.

DISCUSS, DAMMIT!

R.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love her but yes she is.

I can't get over Ryan though. He tells Kendall that Zach is manipulating her? Really? I mean isn't Ryan the one who used her name and her computer to hack into Cambias? Isn't Ryan the one who is shouting that Zach is evil? And on top of that he tells Kendall that it isn't healthy for Spike to live with a man who hates him (Ryan)? Again, isn't Ryan the one who has been threatening Zach, isn't Ryan the one who vowed to destroy Zach, but Spike is the one in danger? Shouldn't the question be whether or not Ian is safe living with Ryan?

I guess it's just pointless to rant about Ryan, the writing for him is always ridiculous but today it just seemed to go beyond ridiculous. It just flat out didn't make any sense, unless I'm supposed to think that Ryan has lost his mind.

As poorly as David has been written I did enjoy the scene with him and Erica discussing Ian.

• Members

I found the hospital scenes flat until we got to David but then Mr. Obama and ABC cut in.

I get what Ryan is saying but it's incredibly hypocritical. Zach hates and resents you...well sure, but you hate and resent him too, clearly. It's fortunate that I'm used to hypocrisy (stupidy and just plan awfulness) in this story.

Vincent gets some meaty moments inbetween all the bullcrap, and the Leora/Ian thing - that was very nice. It was written all over his face, I love when Vincent delivers like that - very commanding.

Dr. Angela Hubbard, they're not giving Jesse and Angie much more than fluff but Debbie Morgan is delivering. I loved her reaction to Krystal saying she was coming over to talk to her, hee.

Pete and Colby's conversation about how women are drawn to jerks and how that's not wise seemed so ironic being the show is populated with meatheads. But I liked the confab.

• Members

Debbie Morgan commands your attention no matter what she is given to work with. One of the most professional and hard working actors in daytime.... I really, really hope Pratt gets something going for her.... I mean.... its a tired storyline, but why not tgive Angie an illness? So the Hubbards come together as a family and fight through it....

I mean The Hubbards are currently the only real stable family on this show that could pull something like that off.... Debbie Morgan and Darnell Williams DESERVE a story like that... and I think they could definitely give it justice.

• Members

Krystal's horrible but Bobbie Eakes is AMAZING.

Despite a thankless character & horrible writing she's managed to keep Krystal sympathetic.

She was good on B&B but on AMC she's a real star.

She even managed to sell her relationship with David which VI struggles to do.

• Members

If Vincent is allegedly "struggling" to sell the Krystal/David relationship, it's because the writing is simply not there. In David's past, David has been IN LOVE with the women he's been involved with. He LOVED himself some Erica. He LOVED himself some Dixie. He LOVED himself some Anna. The way this is being written, David is just using Krystal, but VI is playing it as David LOVING himself some Krystal which totally doesn't gel with the plot. The way it's being plotted out is that David is manipulating Krystal which contradicts the way VI is either playing it or is being directed to play it. I'm not saying this to be a conspiracy theorist. I'm saying this having witnessed the way both Vincent as David has played out scenes before. I believe that VI believes that David "loves" Krystal. But Pratt, who is showing that he enjoys the David character but clearly doesn't understand the David character, is writing this as David "using" Krystal.

As a quiet member of FOVI (Friends of Vincent Irizarry), I find it difficult to say this because I never wanted VI or David to leave in the first place. But I also didn't want VI to come back to a thankless and shallow written version of David, either. I can say that Pratt was wise to encourgae -- if not come up with -- the idea of Erica and David having that conversation about Leora. As a person who has been watching this show for 20 years, I know about the David character and his backstory. I know that a LOT of what's driving him with Little Adam is simply the fact that he views this as his next to last, if not LAST chance at being a good father. Leora died as an infant. He didn't even know Babe existed until she was in her 20s... and then when he tried to be a part of her life, she would piss on him the minute he didn't do what she wanted him to do. Now, here's Little Adam... his next to last chance to be a parent, considering he seemingly signed away his rights to his baby with Amanda. VI plays all of these beats with the David character. Written or not (and I believe it's not, considering how one-sided the writing has been so far), I believe VI is trying to inject SOME humanity into the David character. If only because he doesn't want what happened last time to happen again. You know. The excuse that David's been written into a corner. VI said something similar to Cady McClain about 'the writer' being lazy and used the 'written into a corner' simply as an excuse.

I'm hungry. I'll be back!

• Members

Krystal's horrible but she hasn't fully dealt with Babe's death.

She's sympathetic because Bobbie's made Krystal's grief palpable.

She's clinging to David & all the ugliness that comes with it outta desperation.

Since Babe's death Bobbie's played Krystal as flawed but painfully flawed antiheroine.

TPTB killing Babe was the best thing for her.

VI's DEFINITELY struggling.

The writing sucks but David doesn't seem to love or even care about Krystal.

Whenever David did horrible things to other women VI always made it clear David did love them.

None of that subtext is there from VI with Krystal

Bobbie's playing her scenes with almost painful emotional honesty.

Vincent seems thorougly confused unless he's moustache twirling.

• Members

I couldn't disagree with you more! If anybody's struggling, it's Bobbie Eakes (although I don't think either of them is "struggling" per se). I have yet to be sold on what Krystal's position is in this relationship. As I've said before, the writing for the relationship is noncommittal and extremely ambiguous. I see Vincent making the choice and playing it as David loving Krystal (even though he can and has done better :rolleyes: ), while I see Bobbie playing Krystal very wishy washy. One minute she Mrs. David Hayward -- the next minute, she's hemmin' and hawin' about the status of her relationship with David. In my own, personal, novice, never professionally acted a day in my life opinion... I would be doing everything in my power to sell this "romance" considering the only way you can remain on soaps is if you're in a viable relationship (since us single people are nasty and boring to watch :rolleyes: ). But the writing isn't making any commitments, and neither is Bobbie Eakes. I'd much rather watch her sell this as Krystal loving a "bad" man, than Krystal kinda sorta maybe loving a man she kinda sorta maybe sees as being good, but kinda sorta maybe has bad qualities...

This may sound a bit biased because of my aforementioned VI appreciation and my never before mentioned (LOL!) hatred of the Carey Girls, but it's not. I think Bobbie Eakes is a terrific actress, wonderful singer and has a great personality. Krystal, however, is a horrible character. A character who was originaly blonde, slutty and trashy created by 'the writer' -- so you know it's not necessarily the most layered character on the canvas. Honestly, I'm torn. I think BE is a great actress, and don't want her to lose her job and think that she, as an actress, fits in with the wonderful company of talent we have on this show... but I have no use for Krystal, and, in my opinion, Miss Girl needs to be selling it or else I want Krystal off my screen!

David is unapologetic in who he is and what he does. His motives have always been clear, despite the fact that his efforts are dishonorable. Krystal should NOT be surprised by that. I think the way to salvage Krystal is to turn her into a bad girl. Make the Haywards this dynamic duo connected by grief over losing children -- specifically daughters. FIGHT for what they want. Become a force to be reckoned with. I can't get behind Krystal just letting people, who called themselves her friends and now turned their backs on her when they allegedly think she's in trouble, just walk all over her. It would be awesome to see her fight back. To know that whenever Krystal comes on the screen, uh oh, there's gonna be trouble! That's MUCH more interesting for me to watch, than some poor little wishy washy woman who has a backbone one minute and becomes jelly the next.

Archived