P&G shopping ATWT and GL as package deal?

• Members

I'd be so [!@#$%^&*] happy. Like...I'd be Donna Fargo/"Happiest Girl in the Whole USA" happy if that happened. I don't think they'd sacrifice the successful shows they already have for ATWT and GL, but I think it's worth at least a trial run. My aunt, who is a huge GL fan (I don't even know if she knows it's canceled yet), watches Hallmark all day long...well, she watched it all day long. They stopped airing Little House last week, so idk if she still watches, but yeah, she'd definitely follow ATWT and GL to Hallmark. I know I sure would.

I wouldn't be surprised if something official came out about ATWT over the next year. I'm sad about GL, but if ATWT gets it soon...damn. It's expected, but it's not expected...idk...it's hard to explain. Shows should stay "on the verge of cancellation" forever.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why don't they just pitch Frons a box of infected needles? It would be a little more appetizing to other networks than ATWT. I find this extremely hard to believe. Both P&G soaps stink of death.

• Members

I hope to God this is true! Please P&G, please save these wonderful soaps. GL/ATWT wouldn't stand a chance on Oxygen, IMO so I won't suggest that channel. I did suggested it for PASSIONS though. I'm also hoping that these soaps don't end up on DTV. DTV ripped off many PASSIONS viewers even though the soap was their most watched program. What about the USA network or event E!? I've been critical of GL lately but I don't regret that one bit.

And no, please don't put these soaps on SOAPnet. I would rather seem them gone than to be ruined by Frons.

• Members

I don't remember them making as much of an effort when AW was ending. I think they're genuine.

I started watching ATWT and GL around the same time, and I guess I had more of an emotional attachment to ATWT, almost in a way which made it more difficult for me to watch the show when Valente, and later Sheffer, Goutman, and Passante all did such damage to the show. I haven't really been able to watch more than some bits of the show here and there in years, whereas I can watch GL again. I still hate to see ATWT go, as I don't want to see ATWT go. They both have so many years of history and even in recent years they've told stories the other networks haven't seriously attempted.

The thought of a soap world dominated almost entirely by Brian Frons is nauseating, as is the message that will probably be sent about what soaps should do to get ratings. I hope no one is going to look at B&B and think that mess is the way forward.

• Members

No kidding...

It's all a lost cause. Good luck to GL fans, but the odds of this show being a commercial success anyplace else is well, not good at all.

I know it's sad, but at some point, we're all going to have to let go of our favourite shows, not to mention this genre as a whole soon.

• Members

anyone think the Bell family might be intrested in accuring GL and ATWT and operating them as a seperate company from Y&R and the B&B? and maybe find them a new home on a smaller network like Oxygen or W. I don't think it would cost the Bell's a whole lot

• Members

This is dirty talk, but if the Bells had a 1/2 hour soap in the cooker, this pill would be a little easier to swallow. Then again, what's left for the Bells really? B&B was their branching out, and it's been pretty recycled over the course of its run. It would be cool if Y&R hit some new awesome creative peak and MAB and Rauch were asked to spearhead some occasional additional dramatic programming for CBS daytime. Why not a summer Degrassi-like series? SOMETHING. We're leading to court show overkill just as we had so so many soaps and game shows years back. I can hardly imagine being all, "Once upon a time, there was something called a soap opera..." to my grandkids. Hell, to my KIDS.

• Members

Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. It's sad. After Port Charles was canned, I knew that was it for the 12:30 ABC slot, but I sensed that soaps were heading downhill and it had nothing to do with going up against Y&R.

People like T.V. drama, really they do. I think the form is going to have to change in a much more radical way than Ellen Wheeler's vision. I think we'll get Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives reruns in daytime before drama disappears completely and we're left with court shows.

Archived