AMC: Another newbie coming

• Members

From Soapnet.com

Look for a new face to appear in Pine Valley on April 21st. Brittany Allen, an actress who has appeared in shows like the SOAPnet series "MVP" and the film "Us Chickens," is joining the cast of "All My Children" as Marissa Tasker.

We'll first see Marissa when Krystal tracks her down to her place of business which is, um, unique. We'll go on record as saying this is the first time we've seen this job on daytime. Which basically means Marissa is not a CEO, talk show host, doctor, lawyer, stripper, or clothing designer. Anyway, she gets a true "AMC" welcome by ending up arrested right alongside Krystal.

Big, big stuff is in the pipeline for Marissa come May, so you best stay tuned to this one.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess this is the "Hilary" character they were casting for J.R. The one Lisa de Cazotte wanted one of her Passions no-talents for.

My guess is that 1) Krystal will take an interest in helping her out because she will remind her of Babe and 2) she somehow ends up with Amanda's baby.

• Members

My guess is she's the child Krystal gave up for adoption. What child? What adoption? Soap operas.

I don't know why they're keeping where she's working a secret, think further degrading women (gotta love ABCD) and you'll pretty much narrow down the whole thing.

• Members

I would love Amanda to put the child up for adoption and send the baby away. It is not a storyline AMC has done before, an offscreen adoption. Regularly, a child put up for adoption is adopted by someone else on canvas. I would love to see the fallout of Amanda sending a child away. I think audiences will feel the moment even more if the child is off screen. They too would long for the child that Amanda lost.

It would also harken back to history. I can still clearly see that moment Janet said goodbye to a frail newborn Amanda in the NICU. She was being carted off to prison for shooting Natalie and killing Will. In a way, Amanda was a child up for adoption much of her own childhood. Long before Janet came along, she was raised and loved by Natalie, Brooke and Laurel.

Archived