GL: March Discussion

• Members

She still could, lol. WSPR ownership has becomes as convuluted as the biggest soap conglomerate. I just remember that Josh bought the station to try to get Reva's show back on the air. Now if he sold the station back to Vanessa, then yes, she would own it now. Then, I remember Phillip owning part of it for a while before his meltdown. It's so confusing, I might as well stop talking about it now. My head is spinning.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phillip seemed to own half the town at one point.

I can't remember seeing most of the WSPR sets after the mid-90s...Dinah was in charge by then, wasn't she? I don't remember. Then when Reva got her talk show, we would just see her in various places with camera people. Or did she have a set during that story where she was stalked? I didn't watch most of that story.

I remember when they kept having Holly follow Cassie and Jeffrey around because WSPR had to play a part in the internationally known San Cristobel. There was one episode where a crowd of reporters swarmed outside Reva's house (what happened to that house, did she sell it?) and Holly was the one who got in, because of her, I guess, close friendship with Reva. Then Holly would pop over to San Cristobel too. I never could figure out if she was owner, or reporter, or what. I wish when they'd written her out in 2005 they'd just said she was so busy doing all the jobs at WSPR she could no longer leave the studio.

• Members

I think today is a good example of what I said upthread. That Vanessa and Billy *scene* should have been longer and it could have been more than just one scene. We don't get to see Clarke and Kinkead all the time, when we do, we want to see enough of them that we can. But at least today was populated by generally good stuff, so I don't get the feeling that they cut something good to fit in something bad.

I loved pretty much everything Bill/Lizzie/Vanessa/Billy/Dinah. What great scenes. Cosgrove is such a fit with Clarke and Kinkead. He almost looks like two parts Billy and one part Vanessa. And that solo Billy/Vanessa scene was pure heaven. That look Maeve gave when Jordan said they should start over too was priceless. Sigh. I want more!!!

Hehe...Olivia is back to manipulation. I love it. I just hope she doesn't start to torpedo this relationship. And for once, I enjoyed Doris. Maybe it's because that daughter of hers wasn't on.

Ah. Phillip. I love ya. LOVE ya. And Grant welcome home!

Eh. Cyrus was a downpoint, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant me turning the channel. Can we have an Australian two-for-one sale at the local cliff. I'll buy.

Guest dc cubs

I too enjoyed the Billy/Vanessa/Bill/Dinah stuff. I would love to see more of Billy and Vanessa.

I liked the fact that Liv resorted to manipulation. I think a lot of people may have been worried that Liv has been too softened by her relationship with Nat. It also said a lot that Nat agreed with Liv to manipulate Doris. Nat may not always like how Liv does things but she understands why. I thought it was funny when Nat said that it was mean to out Doris's secret but then in the next breath was asking "What's the secret".

• Members

They need to greatly expand Billy & Vanessa's airtime. There were things in today's show that didn't need to be there, Olivia and Natalia's scenes, for example, didn't need to be in today's show. They just didn't fit with the rest of the story. They could've aired just as easily tomorrow but it would've been perfect for Bill & Lizzie's starting over spirit to have spilled over to Billy & Vanessa.

They were great and I like Bill & Lizzie's scenes in the park too. I hope they are now allowed at least a millisecond of happiness and romance, especially since they work far better as a light, playful couple than one overwhelmed with an absurd barrage of obstacles. I understand that as a Spaulding and Lewis, Alan will never accept them together and that's fine but the stupidity of things like Ava's baby gambit and both of them thinking that Bill might have kidnapped her has to stop. They did nothing but drag this couple down. Not every couple has to have Herculian external obstacles in order to have a story and like I said, Bill & Lizzie as a couple thrive with lighter material anyway.

Doris has always been better on her own. Even before Ashlee started annoying the hell out of me, I couldn't buy them as mother/daughter and still can't.

I really like Phillip having Dinah's number from the get-go and their scene in the warehouse was good. I want to see more and I can't wait until Ross's name enters the picture between them. PLEASE, oh please OLTL, let JVD go! Kill Clint off as a tribute to Clint Ritchie and let us have Ross Marler back in Peapack...er...Springfield. Sorry. ;)

You'll have to get through me first dear. ;)

Unfortunately, Cyrus is still saddled with this Grady nonsense but any scenes between Cy and "Didi" are always good and once the great stink of Grady dissipates, his story should improve greatly.

• Members

Now see.. I thoroughly enjoyed today's show. Loved the Billy/Vanessa scenes, thought Bill/Lizzie were cute, I got to see both Olivia and Dinah, and all the stories moved forward.

Best lines of the day:

Natalia: "I love them BOTH." :wub:

Dinah: "I hope he fell off a cliff". :lol:

• Members

Fine, we can split the bill. :)

I just can't see Jerry as Clint. I can't. I take one look at him and I see Ross. The "death" of Ross is that one unsavory pink elephant part of the whole "Phillip returns" stuff.

Wait, when did she say that? I must not have been paying too much attention. But that is too funny.

• Members

In the first scene with Dinah and Cyrus, I think, Dinah said she hoped Grady fell off a cliff.

I had forgotten how good Cyrus looks in a well-fitted pair of jeans. I think everything about Cyrus is much better without Grady, but they never know what to do with him. I wish they hadn't ended his story with Alex.

I loved when Olivia asked Doris to put her ex in jail, and Doris asked, "Which one?" And brushing her hand over the bartender's hand - never known for her subtlety.

I agree with what Dan and RVD said about the Billy and Vanessa scenes, they should have been longer and they should be appearing more often, but I did enjoy almost all of today's show. I didn't zap through much of anything. That almost never happens with me and today's soaps. Sometimes with OLTL or Y&R, but not that often. I'm very happy about that because I think it means if GL weeds out a few of their bad seeds, then they'll be on the right track to potentially being good as an entire episode, not simply a few scenes.

Maeve Kinkead is so beautiful. And after all the years she had that very short cut I'm glad she's grown her hair to a longer length. She's the epitome of a silver fox.

• Members

Tuesday's show:

Not much to say (apparently a popular reaction).

Why was Vanessa at Mallet/Marina's place? I know Mallet and Dinah were together for a few years but I didn't realize she was ever that close to Mallet.

The scenes with Josh and Shane were very good. And Jeff Branson actually eats in scenes. Sarah Brown used to do that all the time when she played Carly.

I don't enjoy seeing Buzz hit his head against a truck, but they definitely aren't writing this story as the good Coopers against the bad Spauldings. Buzz is very, very damaged...as much as some of this story bothers me, at least they're giving him the breakdown he probably should have had years ago.

There are some Crystal Chappell/Jessica Leccia interviews in SOD and SID, one with Crystal celebrating 10 years as Olivia. I'm so pleased that Crystal decided to stick it out. This past year has been a goldmine after too many years of dross and one-dimensional writing.

• Members

Yeah, I don't have much to say about today's show. Too much Mallet/Marina, Frank, and Daisy (Coopers in general). Loved Dinah, Phillip, Josh, and Shayne. Great seeing Billy/Vanessa for a second day. Disappointed the girls weren't on, but I know they can't be on every day!

Great interviews in both of those magazines, as you pointed out. My favorite is the She Said/She Said. I've already seen it because someone scanned it on another board, but I'll definitely be picking up the mag anyway and writing them to thank them for the feature. :D

Archived