B&B: Week of February 23, 2009

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agreed with Rick, when he pulled Owen up on his lack of fashion experience. Seriously, how is FC still in business when they hire people to design major collections with zero design experience? It's all just *so* implausible.

Why is everyone on this show such tools? Rick is such a manipulative tool; his character has been destroyed beyond belief. And why is it, whenever Ridge rehashes Rick's past conquests that he stops at Ashley? Has everyone forgotten about Amber and Kimberley? I guess they're not important to KL's Rick. :rolleyes:

Does Thomas not have a wardrobe? All he *ever* wears is that horrible sweater that just happens, to be crafted by the crochet master, Pam. Clearly, the budget does not stretch to the recurring.

That's a major problem. Wooden Ridge should not be in possession of the LA brain. It's just wrong!

I've found that B&B, is better when watched while doing something else - like working out. And if I only have 1/2 eps, then it's a good excuse to catch-up on Y&R.

• Members

I think it's pretty cool how B&B can have like 90% of the cast in the same scene and it feels perfectly natural. I guess that's the beauty of a 30 min. super incestuous soap where everyone seems to work for the same company.

And Brooke is looking so Julie Clegg in that outfit, what a throwback.

• Members

I hear that Taylor is now moaning about Rick taking advantage of her. Who is the Senior Adult in this situation and a psychiatrist to boot. I find it simply laughable that she could be taken advantage of. More like she was taking advantage of Rick just to stick it to Brooke and her own actions wound up biting her in the ass. Will have to watch Friday's show next week, I hear Taylor's doing the best chicken dance yet and almost knocks over a potted plant in the process.

• Members

Taylor is nothing more than a hypocrite who had no problem messing with her daughter's ex but when the tables are turned she has a fit. She wasn't blaming Rick for anything until she found out he had moved on. Now all of a sudden it's his fault Phoebe is dead.

• Members

What about this clusterf*ck of a show????

On Thursday Brooke says she is going to make a

This announcement will

And what happened? N.O.T.H.I.N.G.!!!!!!!!!!!! Except another "Ridge-Brooke obstacle". Barf. Blech. Yech. For five seconds, I was interested. Half the cast gathered together in one room. And instead it was TOTAL BULLSH*T!!!

Can you see I feel a tad manipulated????

• Members

LOL. Come on? You didn't feel that JFP "Well this was expected..." moment coming on? I mean, this is B&B. The Forresters never lose. And anyone who wins never does it with true talent, instead they have to steal one of the Forrester's dated 80's collections.

You watch way too much Y&R, Mark!

For once I would LOVE for another fashion house...a real force to be reckoned with to give the Forresters stiff competition. Without cheating, without stealing someone else's designs. I would love for that to happen.

Overall, this past week was kind of slow. I enjoyed alot of the music placements, cues, and editing. But the stories still suck.

• Members

Does this mean my quality expectations are too high? You're right...DaytimeFan has told me the same thing. But I keep hoping.

I don't know....I'm feeling like an earnest fashion rival might be too serious and dull for this crew. I'd take a Spectra-esque clan.

I scan back, and try to remember when I most loved this show. For me, it mostly wasn't the fashion stories. What did I love?

1. Seriously, Brooke-Ridge-Caroline-Thorne, round one

2. Sheila, round one

3. Amber-Rick-Becky-CJ

4. Deacon, Deacon, Deacon...before he became a loser (back when he was a mean dude, but by the time he slept with Brooke, I was done with him)

5. Sally on the Queen Mary

6. Yes, Portofino

7. The story just before Felicia died...UP TO the point she miraculously got new innards from Mario Lopez.

8. If you push me, I'll probably say I liked (for pure camp) when "Angela" became the scarred "Deveney", and wreaked havoc.

9. Macy and Thorne (Jeff Trachta)

I think these are the moments I loved the most. I'm guessing my memory could be jogged, and it could be a few more, but this is the big list.

So, I'm appalled, as I review it, how much mushy crap I loved. Because, truthfully, the big romances DID lure me in during the early years.

I thought Sally in her disguises was funny and all, but that is not what kept me tuning in. The earnest love of Macy and Thorne (before they got ruined) was probably my favorite, especially when they sang.

As I read this list, I wonder if I have become too old and jaded. I don't know if I could love those stories anymore.

• Members
No, absolutely not. If you read alot of my posts about B&B, that is where DaytimeFan and I greatly differ. DaytimeFan doesn't want B&B to be anymore than cheap, easy humor. And while I don't expect it to be highbrow art, I would love for B&B to be the engaging, beautiful show I fell in love with and that I know it can be. I would love for there to be more unpredictable stuff, but I would love for that to be born from the characters, as opposed to funny story pitches and redundant ideas.

When I replied to your post earlier, I meant what I said. The Forresters ALWAYS WIN! Every single one of them. To expect a major shakeup or something that could have lasting repercussions on them, especially knowing what you know about the show and constantly harping on wanting it to be better, I assumed you would know by now that Brooke's reveal would be complete and utter bull.

Why would that be dull? You have expressed interest in B&B taking itself seriously for awhile now also. I think it would really revive the show. And just because someone takes their art seriously doesn't mean that they have to be dull. Bring in a colorful character who has cheesy nicknames and funny one liners. But why do they have to go around in lame disguises and steal another Forrester collection?

As much as I love Sally and Darlene Conley, the show is never going to capture that magic again with any other character. So, why not take the fashion aspect into a different direction?

What's so great about some of the things on this list, especially #2, #5, #6, is that fashion, although it didn't play a HUGE role in their stories, worked its way in there somewhere. When Sheila was being introduced, she was in the middle of the BeLieF formula fight.

I don't expect for B&B to be one big sketch and stitch fest 24/7, but if these characters have jobs, why can't we see them working there in logical and plausible ways? As much as the stories bore me lately, I have to admire how they are at least making an attempt to show the characters at work more. Maybe it is cheaper to keep up those big offices and have the stories there, revolving around those working in the fashion business. But I do know I enjoy it alot more than seeing everyone in their houses all day, talking about how much they LUUUUUV each other.

• Members

Bellcurve, you've got me all wrong. I don't want B&B to just be cheap, easy humor. What I DO want it to be is more serious than it has been, the show was great up until 2003 when things happened within the Bell family and change happened. I also do want the show to keep the campy quality that it has always had, I don't want it to be a Y&R clone because the show never was that, nor was it intended to be.

Where I feel I differ from Bellcurve and MarkH is that I accept B&B for what it is and just enjoy it, regardless of whether it's all that good because I still find elements that I love about it. It comes down to the cast, I love that cast. I love the sets. I love the music. There are some things about B&B that have not changed and I like that. I simply don't get frustrated by the show, or any soap for that matter, very much anymore. Life's too short to worry about things you have absolutely no control over.

I have slowly, but surely, taken the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" approach to life in general. This philosophy has its ups and downs, but overall I sleep easier.

Archived