Any Straight Guys on here?

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

I am a 20 yr. old male and have watched soaps, mainly ATWT since I was 5 yrs. old, and am a straight guy. I have no problem saying I like soaps, big whoop, you know. I grew up w/ it b/c my entire family watched soaps, so I got into it as well. I admit it, and people go "eh, well, it's just TV," or "YOU watch soaps?" I don't care. If it's entertaining, I watch it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not you Alan. :) Umm...yes, the person has posted in this thread. There have been several are you gay, straight threads...on each one 'he' changes his preference. He has been gay in one thread, bi in another thread and finally straight on another thread. He knows who he his. :rolleyes:

He is just a fake person.

• Members

Here's a thought CameRON, Maybe this guy you speak of likes the best of both worlds? Or maybe he is confused? Not being rude, but I really don't see how it's any of your concern about what they may be, or why you would even bring it up in this thread. It Seems a little rude to call someone a fake just because they may be confused about their sexuality.

• Members

Straight (ex) soap-watcher and pretend soap writer here.

I used to get those stereotypes from people upon first mention of my soap interests but they'd usually follow by asking why I watched soaps. I could always show them a few pictures of the women on soaps to answer there questions... I could always tell them about how many cute girls I talked to or have picked-up based on soap operas alone (this doesn't work much anymore, but was a real winner in highschool and first year university)... or I could always just tell them that I like soaps and have fun with them. All answers usually obliterated any stereotype.

Why? Because it has been my experience, at least, that stereotypes are for first impressions only. Once a second word has been put in there those stereotypes disapear.

That said, I'm completely indifferent to how people stereotype me because I'm not perfectly stereotypical. I'm also very confident in my sexuality and am a very confident person in general. I can also be a very authorative person, that's probably why I don't let any of this stuff get to me.

Haha.. I like this

• Members

Here's a thought Rick, Maybe this guy I talk about tells outright lies to other posters about another poster. I wonder who that could be? I will leave it at that. It's obvious who I am talking about. Oh btw...I am not being rude either.

And Mitch it isnt you or OneLife Fan. :)

• Members

As I said before, keep this thread on topic. This is about straight guys who watch soaps & the stereotypes they might have to deal with. This is not about "people who mislead others with their sexual orientation" or about "people who lie". Keep personal problems out of SON :)

Archived