How GH can Improve

• Members

STOP all the teasing...

Sorry but as a Liason fan I just can't stand the show anymore. Just make up your damn minds whether you want Elizabeth with Jason or Lucky.

I'm just tired of one day feeling hopeful and the next day feeling dejected. The same thing happens with Carly and Jax, Sonny and whoever he's banging nowadays (Kate I assume).

The couples on this show save Robin and Patrick are not really couples with rooting value and opposed to swapping partners every few weeks/months.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP was the one who brought an end to the ensemble era, the last few years she was at GL the show had started to become unbalanced.

I'm surprised they've never taken even one attempt to make Spinelli grow up. They seem petrified of ever allowing him to mature.

• Members

Robin and Patrick are the only reason that I haven't completely given up on GH. They only get trotted out for any substantial airtime during sweeps. Otherwise they are lucky to be seen more than once a week. It is all about the mob and their sex partners on GH.

• Members

I think the best way to improve a soap is just to tell real stories. GH for too long has been trying to tease and appease different fans with these bogus pairs that don't really star in any story to speak of. Sonny and Carly, Jason and Liz, Carly and Jax, Jason and Sam, Robin and Patrick...they have all been frontburning for years but you got me what stories they starred in. Sonny and Kate, Sonny and Claudia...same thing, just rotating nonsense killing time. In contrast, you look at even the much loathed DOOL and you still see Bo and Hope, but besides just talking about themselves everyday and how they are or are not together, they manage to work in his psychic powers and she shooting Kayla. Or Philip and Stefanie, who besides breaking up and making up, are doing this all inside the greater story concerning the alternative energy patent of Stefanie, desired by Philip, EJ, Victor and Stefano.

Just tell good stories, it doesn't matter who the stories star as long as they are interesting.

I would retire the mob though, since the mob is played out and out of style. Nobody wants to watch mobsters anymore, not on TV, not in the movies, nowhere. GH is stuck 5 years behind the times in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

tbh i was a victim of that same joke on another website and when someone mentioned that GH didn`t have problems i used this joke lol also here is an add up question.

1) DO YOU THINK GH SHOULD USE THIS FORMULA

FEBRUARY - DISASTER/CRISIS

SPRING - MINOR MOB STORY

SUMMER - ACTION/ADVENTURE

AUTUMN - NURSES BALL

• Members

How much time do you have? Really?

It touches my heart, that so many people are calling for a tone-down or an elimination of the mob. I don't know if it's a realistic dream, but it warms my heart, truly. I'm going to go with the dream scenario...

To cut the mob fat:

Olivia is diagnosed with a deadly neurological disorder (linked to the biotoxin, which has a stronger effect on Olivia's rare blood type), and on her deathbed confesses to Sonny that he has a son. Kate is horrified, and Sonny immediately realizes that she knew all along. The ultimate betrayal, Sonny banishes Kate from Port Charles, and leaves Port Charles in search of Dante. Jason is left to run Sonny's business, and Claudia makes another move which proves deadly for Spinelli. Jason is devastated, and goes on the warpath, killing Johnny as retaliation. Claudia loses it completely, and begs Jason to kill her, not wanting to live now that her brother's dead. Jason refuses, wanting her to suffer and knowing she doesn't have it in her to take her own life. Claudia is left a hollow shell and turns herself in to Mac at the PCPD for her crimes and Mac brings the case to the FBI. Claudia is sent to prison, and Mac is rewarded with a job offer with the FBI in Albany. The Police Commissioner title vacant, Anna Devane decides to set down more roots in Port Charles to be near Robin and Emma, so she takes the job. Robin is thrilled.

With Jason in complete control with no opposing power in Port Charles, Jason forces Ric to leave town. With Sonny gone from Port Charles, Carly finds herself gravitating more toward Jason, and this puts a strain on her marriage to Jax.

Lulu is emotionally destroyed after Johnny's murder and Spinelli's mob-related death, and is determined to prove Jason's organization was responsible. But not wanting vengeance, Lulu wants justice, so she decides to pursue a career in criminal law and works to become an FBI agent. Luke is horrified that both of his kids plan to work in law enforcement. Lucky is proud of his sister.

Maxie is also devastated by Spinelli's and Johnny's deaths and builds a wall around her heart again, admitting only briefly, in hindsight, that she was in love with Spinelli. Maxie carries on a brief sexual fling with Matt Hunter, and has a pregnancy scare. Matt freaks out and leaves town, and Maxie learns she isn't pregnant, and is relieved, since she doubts she'd be a good mother. With their mutual losses, Maxie and Lulu become even closer friends.

Robin continues battling her post-partum depression and relies more heavily on her neighbor Elizabeth and Cameron and Jake's playdates with Emma. Patrick and Elizabeth develop a strong friendship, and Robin starts to read more into it than actually exists... but Robin may end up making her own worst nightmare a reality.

Luke learns Ethan is his son by Holly Sutton. It's a surprise to Ethan as well. The Spencer children all struggle to accept new sibling Ethan, and Maxie enters into a no-strings arrangement with Ethan, determined not to become emotionally attached to a man ever again. Which is just fine with Ethan.

The Quartermaines DO need to be revitalized. And they REALLY killed those Qs in ways that it's difficult to resurrect them (they killed AJ TWICE! You KNOW Guza hated himself some AJ.) I think the best way would be to bring in a mature/hunky actor as Jimmy Lee Holt who wants to stake claim on his share of the Quartermaine fortune. Jimmy's divorced, but has his early 20s son JJ (um... Jimmy Jr! Duh!). They're both kind of simple farmhands, but Jimmy gets wise to Tracy's manipulative games VERY quickly and becomes more and more seduced by the power of the Quartermaine name. JJ just wants to get to know this family, but fears the money and influence will ruin their good nature. Of course Edward wants to groom the blank canvas JJ to take over ELQ one day, but Tracy can't conceive of that at all. Meanwhile, Jimmy Lee finds himself drawn to Monica, and Monica feels guilty to be attracted to Alan's brother not all that long after Alan's death. Jimmy also becomes a partner-in-crime to Monica as she researches Rebecca Shaw's background and determines that Rebecca IS Emily's twin. But does that make Rebecca family as well, or not? Rebecca proves to be attracted to the Quartermaine money as well, and may play on the Quartermaines' grief in order to access their bank account. Tracy of course, having never cared for Emily, sees Rebecca for the user that she is. Battle lines drawn, and the Quartermaines are fighting and doublecrossing once again. JJ Holt becomes romantically interested in Lulu. Rebecca's scamming is also obvious to Lucky who grew up conning and watching cons. Rebecca is caught between Lucky and Nikolas.

Helena returns as the power behind Equinox, and the REAL source of the biotoxin that nearly destroyed Port Charles. Helena has plans to use Sam to regain control of the Cassadines, which pulls Nikolas and Alexis into the story. Helena hopes to make Sam see Helena as the misunderstood victim over the years, and it actually starts to work. With Jax's marriage to Carly straining again, Jax works to help Alexis keep Sam out of Helena's clutches. But will that spark romance for Jax/Sam... or Jax/Alexis?

Lucas Jones returns to Port Charles with a few secrets. In pre-med courses at college, Lucas is reunited with a childhood friend, Tommy Hardy (Tom and Simone Hardy's son)! Both wanting to follow in their parents' footsteps, Lucas and Tommy bond over living up to high expectations. Lucas is hesitant to come out to Tommy, not sure how he'll take it, but Tommy is surprisingly accepting, and it actually brings them closer, surprising Lucas. Tommy takes an interest in Lucas's dating life, which doesn't particularly exist between exams and studying, but as study buddies, Lucas starts to wonder if Tommy may be playing for his team as well. Tommy is surprised to learn Lucas is using caffeine pills to make it through their late night study sessions, but Lucas assures Tommy that it's not a problem.

Mysterious benefactor Jeremy Cartier (Roscoe Born) arrives in Port Charles to bankroll most of General Hospital's renovations. Bobbie and Tracy are each quite intrigued by the man, and his interest in the hospital, and want to know more about him. Jeremy starts dating Bobbie, but Luke finds there's something not quite right about Jeremy and Luke and Tracy decide to investigate. What no one knows yet, is that Jeremy Cartier is actually Carter Jerome, the last living member of the Jerome crime family... aside from Lucas Jones! Carter has a plan to revive the Jeromes through Lucas, who unknowingly holds the key to the family's lost power. Lucas inherited a key to a safety deposit box, and Carter needs his nephew in order to bring their family to power again. That means trouble for Jason. And Lucas.

Robert Scorpio returns as well, wanting Anna's position as Police Commissioner! The old sparks are still there, and could be headed for a reunion... and Robert thinks he knows Jeremy Cartier from somewhere...

Who leaves: Matt Hunter (leaves town), Ric Lansing (leaves town), Damien Spinelli (dies), Mac Scorpio (leaves town), Olivia Falconari (dies), Kate Howard (leaves town), Sonny Corinthos (leaves town), Claudia Zaccharra (jail), Johnny Zaccharra (dies)

Who returns/arrives (on contract): Jimmy Lee Holt, JJ Holt, Lucas Jones, Tommy Hardy, Jeremy Cartier, Bobbie Spencer, Anna Devane, Robert Scorpio

Who returns/arrives (on recurring status): Helena Cassadine, Simone Hardy, Audrey Hardy (limited appearances), Epiphany Johnson (downgraded)

Romantic entanglements once the canvas is set:

Jeremy (aka Carter)/Bobbie

Ethan/Maxie

JJ/Lulu

Lucas/Tommy

Robin/Patrick/Elizabeth

Jason/Carly/Jax/Alexis(?)/Sam(?)

Lucky/Rebecca/Nikolas

Luke/Tracy

Monica/Jimmy Lee

Anna/Robert

Obviously this is all very transitional, but tried to salvage VERY damaged parts of the canvas and shed the most toxic parts of the mob story and still keep the mob to a lesser degree.

• Members

You sir should be in the driver seat.GH would be a lot better with you on the creative team.

Above all we all agree that The Mob must go but DavidEvanSmith you are right,we will never get it because ABC Daytime let those monsters they call the creative team run wild.Maybe we email to ABC Itself about GH`s problems in order to save the soap.As a matter of fact that is a smart idea.

• Members

No offense DavidEvanSmith, but I'm not fond of your ideas and I can't imagine that the 18-49 women demo would be either. I don't think that that the popular characters should be written off or killed because some fans aren't fond of them though I would clap if Spinelli, Olivia and Ethan go away. GH needs is better balance so those popular characters stop being airhogs and useless characters are given purpose.

Also, the triangle should be Nikolas/Robin/Patrick. Patrick has had enough women since arriving in PC. Robin is the one who should be drawn to Nikolas while trying to get better.

Ideally, the way to improve GH is to hire Sri Rao as headwriter for a minimum of 2 years. In that time, he could fix some of the show's problems and improve the storytelling.

• Members

the guy who writes NightShift i believe.Yes that wasnt bad but JFP will plug it because she is a ...Anyway

I would like to see Action/Adventure Storylines make a comeback and put one during the summer.It would get massive ratings and draw in young kids and tourists into GH.

Archived