Daytime Emmy Update

Rakesh

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why? What's wrong with "The View?"

Better than having no telecast at all. I just hope they remove those stupid critics from the ceremony. Hinsey was okay, especially after she called Frons out on his [!@#$%^&*], but damnit to hell if that People Magazine guy didn't annoy the crap out of me last time. He had no clue what the eff he was talking about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

From SOD Online:

Daytime Emmy Update

"There will definitely be a broadcast and it will be a cool event!" confirms an insider. The nominations will be announced for the 36th Annual Daytime Emmy awards in late April. The broadcast is slated for early June. Check back with SoapOperaDigest.com for updated information.

• Members

They said that exact same thing awhile back so don't hold your breath. I don't see it ending up on The View because ABC turned down the broadcast because it wasn't there year and they weren't interested in putting money into something that isn't going to make money.

And CBS is no better when it comes to making a telecast, either. They make it all about their shows. Actually, even though it was held on ABC it was bascially a broadcast honoring CBS, since they had the most nominations.

Archived