AMC: Tad & Taylor Spoiler

• Members

I just hope they get someone that can act if they recast JR. As I said in another post awhile back the once almost infallible AMC casting dept. has not been doing that great the last year. Neither Moncreiff or Vasi are that great and even the new actress that plays Natalia is really that good.

I'll just be glad when they get a JR that sticks for more than a few years.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kind of guessed this was coming. And I dig it. But I wonder, have the bosses finally let go of Jake and Taylor? Sorry, but I assume the triangle is between the Martin brothers, especially if Brot's contract isn't extended past the original four months. And I still assume she'll end up with Jake in the end. And I still say Carmen was best suited for Tad. She was Simone-like.

I'd actually really like to see Brot and Colby, since that would redeem her selfish ways and I think a Frankie/Randi/Pete triangle would be hot. B)

• Members

I love the idea of Beth and Michael together - but man, Taylor is SUCH a drag and like someone else posted, Tad has just been DECIMATED as a character. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Taylor to become Harley and Tad to act like a twenty-three year old buffoon, by any means. But she needs a serious sense of humor transplant and his character needs some solo work in the meantime.

• Members

There have been so many deaths that didn't deserve to happen and so many things that didn't deserve to happen.

But they did. It's done and lets deal with it. Let's not just keep destroying the show's credibility and soap opera's credibility as a whole by constantly undoing things esp. deaths.

It was bad enough when it was just Days of Our Lives that had nobody dying but did all the others have to copy it.

• Members

Well I sure wish my departed loved ones could pop up like they do on soaps. I can't (won't) emotionally invest in the death of a popular character who I know may very well show up again in a year or two. The only times I let myself get involved are when the actor has passed away IRL, or has retired like Phil Carey. The moment babe died, I was imagining the scenes where Alexa Havins comes back as a ghost to be there for a troubled teen Little A.

• Members

And that is the big problem - investment.

Most fans don't invest in their soaps anymore because everything can and will be undone. Why invest? Why get upset? Why care? You don't have to anymore.

The only people that do invest are the fan bases who when they don't like what is happening pull one of their campaigns out of their ass and get it changed.

All of it together has caused most general fans of the show to give up and not invest. We are fighting writers who don't care about the shows anymore and who listen to groups of voices and make changes that are not in the best interest of the show overall.

And then we have general fans who give in and make statements like well this is one time I wouldn't care if they brought someone back from the dead or change history because .......... (insert excuse or compromise)

Archived