GL: Lights Out?-TV Guide Article

• Members

The well-regarded trade publication TV Week is predicting tht Guiding Light will bite the dust in 2009, and the web is ablaze with reports that the legendary soap has only until April to boost its ratings or face cancellation. "We don't comment on speculation," a CBS rep says.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's get real here, GL has a contract with CBS until this fall and this blurb in TV Week is far from the truth because they conspire and speculate about other TV shows whether its backstage turmoil, cancellations, time slots changes, etc, and etc. If you are familiar with TV Week, this what they do just like any other publications.

Instead of jumping into instant, knee-jerk reactions about GL (not a shocker especially on this message board site), re-read the blurb especially when they used the word "predicting" and that's like myself predicting Detroit Lions is going to go to the Super Bowl this year (NOT!). Also TV Week website is NOT, and I repeat "NOT" ablaze with reports about GL based on my research and past readings. Do a search and you will come up with 3 or 4 with the latest about Montel Williams appearing or Caitlin VanZandt's weight loss, there is no certifiable, cited article about the timeline to boost its ratings or face cancellation except hearsay comments on public message boards which we ALL SHOULD KNOW it's pure speculation. Like the CBS rep said, "We don't comment on SPECULATION!" Michael Logan is getting awfully senile these days, it's time for him to retire from TV Guide especially when quoting a "speculative" statement from another publication. Shame on him for doing lazy, poorly executed work.

Archived