The Nelson Ratings: Jan. 12, 2009

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

—Which uber-popular Emmy winner is being phased out because he can’t remember his lines? The soap plans to keep them on the show on a recurring basis as their twin.

This has to be David Canary, right?

Wow, the hits for AMC just keep on coming. Susan Lucci having her salary pretty much slashed in half, it can't afford to stay in its current studio, and now the phasing out of David Canary and Adam Chandler?

I wonder if this is mutual or not. Didn't DC do an interview last year where he was deciding whether or not to re-sign and he said flat out that he didn't know how much longer he could do this, and that he was having trouble with his lines?

It also fits because Adam was on alot when Pratt first took over, like Pratt said he would be, and now he's hardly on.

:(

• Members

Well I agree with him regarding the praise for OLTL- It is very, very, good. Its not spellbinding like he makes it out to be. And Bree Williamson generally sucks. Generally. So whatever there.

I totally disagree about Susan Flannery- She has never phoned anything in. She is the best actress in daytime. Period. Its not her fault she is on the worst soap in daytime. She is awesome.

And as far as Y&R- It was very good last week. And far as Y&R's sets??? He is insane. They have the best sets and lighting in daytime BY FAR. By a mile.

That sucks if that is David Canary. What is he 65 or so?

• Members

Why did they not just cancel this show..... I love AMC, but seeing it wither away like this.... its just I dunno.... its not worth keeping on if this is the kind of stuff we are going to be accustom to. Adam Chandler virtually has disappeared in the last couple of months :( an AMC without an Adam Chandler in storylines is not a viable one.... for me at least.

• Members

B&B Fan I don't know how you even watch anymore.

I actually have to stay out of your thread because I know I would be so nasty (and how I feel when certain people infiltrate my OLTL thread.) lollllll

It boggles me how B&B is the most watched soap (or is it show) in the world?

It gets its ratings because it follows Y&R. Terrible and embarrassing acting, the worst writing I have ever seen (heard?)

And critically and ratingswise it somehow gets away with it.

Not to mention the non stop recycled romances.

(And I used to be a huge fan).

Its ratings make me ill.

Visually it is beautiful though.

Archived