The Nelson Ratings: Jan. 12, 2009

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you are allowed to hate on her. i dont tell people who they can and cant hate on. i dont care.

and i dont feel the need to defend her. anyone can hate on her all they want. it wont change how i feel about her. and who did i tear down? who did i say a bad word about? and by the way, even if i did why would it matter? All you have done is berate and hate and tear down on Tams since BEFORE she started on amc, let alone what you ahve said about (and to the fans of) annie, greenlee, babe, etc...

i just think its funny that you like to call anyone and everyone out when they do defend someone or something that you dont like, yet flip out on people who dont agree with you. i dont get how you couldnt not get... say someone loving babe and defending her every move... when you defend zack & kendulls every move, word, breath, and action. thats all. i was just pointing out that of course you think him raving and loving on TB is a joke, but that if he had done so with AM then you would be agreeing with his every word and adding to it.

TB being better than or worse than AM is pointless. It is all a matter of personal thoughts and opinions. What i dont get is what wrong with anyone raving and gushing and loving and even defedning every action a char/actor makes? How is it any diff than what you do daily?

• Members

Well said Jack.

That is my biggest problem with Fan Bases is the irrationality of it.

It is constantly a case of the pot meeting the kettle, because they get mad at others for doing the very same thing they are doing.

I get tired of the arguments who is the most popular, who has the most fans, which fan base is most important, which couple is most important. It is all totally ridiculous.

And it all leads to the other fans calling them the names that they so hate. But so many times they bring the names on themselves because of the way they act.

I remember last year all the fights between the Lumi fans and the EJami fans that made everyone involved (and sadly I fell into it a few times) - but it made everyone look like a bunch of irrational loons. And almost as bad was the Jarlena and Payla fans.

It is totally ridiculous.

As you said they gush, and praise, and defend every thing their favorites do. I bet if they stood there for an hour and farted on screen someone would defend it. Yet they bash another fan base for doing the very same thing or anyone who does the very same thing.

It is ridiculous.

• Members

Since Nelson is somewhat on staff over there he does have first hand knowledge of them. He either has something to do with the Podcast or the site. I can't remember which. It is the same with him over at Golderbby. I am not sure what his position is over there either.

• Members

I don't understand how can someone hate the actor. OK, you can hate his/her character, but hating the person who plays that part is just dumb if you don't know him/her. :huh:

For example. I hate Ryan. Hate, hate , hate. But, I don't hate Cameron Mathison.

So this hatred for TB is just childish. To hate an actress because she is involved into a storyline that you don't approve...God...this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard... :lol:

• Members
Soory. "B&B" doesn't get its ratings because of its "Y&R" lead-in. I know that's the thinking among many, but viewers don't sit through a show if they don't find something to enjoy about it. There are too many choices on cable, the Internet, etc. to waste viewing time watching a show that has nothing to recommend it. Personally, I think the show is familiar, and that's comforting to certain segments of an audience in a world that changes so quickly and where very little is certain. There are a lot of original cast members who are played daily, too, as opposed to most of the other soaps that focus on youth-oriented stories (and weak actors) at the exclusion of the veterans (who can act circles around even the best of the newbies). In a lot of ways, it's an old-fashioned soap, written in the style of the soaps in the 60's and 70's. The dialogue mimics that style, too. It's melodramatic (not a bad thing), sweeping. Again, much the way soaps used to be. I won't make a judgment about the stories other than to say that the storytelling appears erratic. At times it's brilliant; at times, not so much. I think the weakness in stories, however, is more apparent on a thirty minute show, because in 30 minutes there's only an A and B story, as opposed to hour shows that have three to four stories running concurrently.

• Members

As much as many of you said that Megan McTavish faught for AMC's VETS.....ARE U KIDDING ME!???

What happend to Brooke? Julia Barr is one of the BEST actress in daytime.

SHE GAVE MORE YOUNGER SET AIRTIME THEN OUT VETS............

Jill and Tonya were put on FREAKIN recurring. If she really wrote for them what happend with them? Are they not vets?

• Members

McTavish was just the HW, not president of the network.

Yes, she can put up a fight, but if the higher-ups truly want someone gone, there's not really much she can do. I mean, I remember during her second stint she wrote a lot for Brooke.... and it wasn't Felicia Behr's doing because she was gone by then.

• Members

Frankly, if Brooke had been written out properly, I don't think I would be as upset about this issue as I am today. It's not the fact that she's gone, but that she left without any goodbyes, that hurts.

And as for Opal, and even Adam and Stuart...? I'm sorry, but those vets needed to be phased out as well. (That's always been AMC's problem, never knowing when a character is "done" on the show.)

• Members

Taking a lesson from basic housebuilding:

a house without a strong foundation will not stand

As Adam said you need those veteran characters to help define the continuity of the show and the basic elements of the show.

They do not have to be front burner, but in particular today one of the highlight scenes was Opal & Krystal. That provided continuity as Opal's loss of Jenny was brought into the picture in the conversation.

Families need the generations too.

I will be interested to see Khan's rationalization too.

Archived