The Nelson Ratings: Jan. 12, 2009

• Members

DC is fantastic but he's not immortal. I'd rather see him leave the show while "Adam" is still strong and vital than turn into Palmer. I'm sorry but as much as I love James Mitchell his performances became painful to watch many years ago.

This is a perfect example of how damaging nostalgia is to the very genre it's supposed to protect. People become so attached to a very narrow vision of the genre i.e., their favorite show that they would rather see it canceled than change. IOW, if you can't stay young and beautiful forever would you be kind enough to quietly kill yourself? This is what happens when the ravenous love of "history" and "vets" meets reality.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember that as well. Adam virtually disappeared and we only saw Stuart here and there at the gallery interacting with the teens and Carlos, the maintenance man from Fusion. Carlos was played by such a terrible "actor" and it was an insult to reduce David Canary to acting opposite him. When McTavish returned she immediately put Adam right in the middle of the Michael Cambias murder mystery, paired him with Mary Smythe and brought back JR.

In fact I remember things got so bad for David Canary's screentime that Frons actually released a statement or did an interview where he said something like "Despite the rumors, I don't hate David Canary".

• Members

Lol, I just hope for a little good buried somewhere in the NOT-so-good. I really don't think it's that bad right now other than the Rick/Steffy thing.

I guess the potential (which there is actually some of, it's just not being utilized much at all) is what keeps me watching.

I've seen some, IMO, good spoilers....

• Members

That's a hard question for me to answer because IMO there are certain traits of Adam's that offer quite a bit of wiggle room for Canary. DC is capable of playing Adam as a straight up dramatic character. But I haven't seen much of that Adam. Instead it seems like we've gotten mostly feisty, baiting, spoiling for battle Adam. That Adam often behaves in a more OTT fashion to elicit a response. But like others have said DC's screen time has been noticeably reduced and I'd rather have that than a Palmer situation.

I guess I'm exposing my soft underbelly when I say that in a perfect world no actor would show signs of old age on screen because the people who care about them wouldn't let that happen.

• Members

To be honest at the moment that comment doesn't really mean much, AMC's talent has eroded painfully over recent years. But yes. Canary is beyond exceptional in his role.

AMC is dying, it's dead for the most part and it quite sad. But to be honest I just hate it for what it has become. I hate it so much. I hate Pratt so god damn much for destroying this soap and it's like the actors know. It's like they all know this soap is hanging by a thread and they just don't care to even act anymore.

• Members

Oh Yes Megan Mctavish really fought for the vets didn't she LMAO

She fought really hard for

Jill Larson

Marcy Walker

Jennifer Bassey

Julia Barr &

Tonya Pinkins

Gimme a freakin break and I"m pretty sure the only reason Ray McDonnell hasn't been dumped his cause he's an AMC original cast member.

• Members

McTavish at least wrote for the vets, may not have been great, but she wrote for them. The ONLY and I mean ONLY thing Pratt has gotten right since he started is how he's written Adam & Erica.

Riiiiiiight because I'm not allowed to hate on TB, OMG what a crime.

GMAFB Jack, but why am I surprised. No one's allowed to hate on precious TB.

So that's your defense for her? None.....I can see why she's so popular, her fans have to tear others down to make her look better:rolleyes:

And no, I don't like people who feel the need to kiss other people's ass. Those kinds of people are artificial

Archived