American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I meant "behind" as a general term for his whole body, but hey, that's part of it lol

Didi was okay, but she was VERY flat and boring. She could have done something with that, but nope. Mike was pretty good, especially towards the end. He looks silly with that guitar strapped around him though.

Tim...wow. Fail of spectacular proportions. Somewhere in the world, Anita Baker and Chaka Khan are on the phone like "Girl, do you HEAR this [!@#$%^&*]?!"

And look, Andrew going acoustic with yet another song. Get over it, dude, "Straight Up" ain't happening again for you, ever again. Do something else.

And please, I wish they could make a theme night based around NOT using a guitar.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now I get what AI is trying to do. They are going the DWTS route. Interviewing the singers after their performances backstage. Even Simon's little plug of the show was LOL moment.

Didi was boring. I love that song but it totally sucked. Mike was very good.

Tim....LMAO at Simon's comments about how he [!@#$%^&*] but people would still vote for him and he would be back next week so who cares and let's all laugh like Tim....laugh.gif Which he was spot on. The only reason he is still there is cause of his shirtless pics online....lol....

Andrew was much better but I am also tired of seeing too much guitar.

Anita and Chaka must be flipping out!...lol

• Members

I'm always a fan of Lee's, so I think tonight was really a good performance. At least he enunciated and separated his words tonight.

And jeez, Ryan is being a total !@#$%^&*] tonight for no reason. Making that jab at cute lil lez Aaron in the beginning, bringing up the lame Kara/Casey thing, trying to pressure Didi to explain why that song was so emotional to her, etc. Maybe he's ready to quit too, sheesh.

Katie shocked me! She was totally nervous, but she had it going on! I didn't know she had it in her.

I already know what Crystal is going to sing (

), and I'm interested to hear what she's gonna do with it. No guitar, I think, so we'll see what she's really made out of. And cute lil lez definitely has his work cut out for him with the song he picked (

, so it's like WTF, that's a bold choice).

• Members

She was great when she was sitting at the piano, but once she got up, she lost her footing big time. Still the best of the night, IMO.

Aaron wasn't into that song at all, but he has one of the best voices of the season, so it was a pretty good vocal. Lackluster performance, but good vocal, pretty much the story of his Idol career thus far.

Top 3: (1)Crystal, (2)Michael, (3)Lee.

Bottom 3: (8)Didi, [bIG GAP], (9)Tim, (10)Siobhan.

Didi's probably gone, but Siobhan should be the one to hit the road. You don't yelp in a Chaka song like that without getting your comeuppance.

• Members

Siobhan or Tim should go home. But if we are talking being bored to death than Didi should go home....lol

I hope Lee wins it all. I think Crystal is overrated. She has been pimped from the beginning. I think Idol just wants a female winner. Men have been winning constantly.

• Members
Why should he do something else when he is a singer/song writer? Kara & co are the ones going after him for not topping the "Staight up" performance. Guess what, he's not trying to top it! He's just doing what he always did which was playing the acoustic guitar. That's the way he's been performing looong before AI was even on his mind. All in all, this show isn't really for Andrew. AI is too commercial. Andrews is a Youtube star along with David Choi, Kina Grannis, AJ Rafael, Erin & Roxanne, Terra Naomi etc. With that said, Andrew has got so much peotential to make it outside Youtube.

Ohh, and Siobhan was so bad for the 100th week in a row. I don't know why they (except Simon) think she's soooo good. Kara keeps praising her screams, and i don't know why because it's horrible. Every week we know she's gonna scream at the end and it's just awful. Hate it! Simon is actually the only one who seems to get that. I hope she goes home. Can't figure out why she's even here.

What I like about this season is the fact that there's so many singer/songwriters. I can't stand how they do it every year with all the commercial singers. This is more unique and personal. imo

With that said, there's been and are a lot of people I would want to see gone.

• Members

Enjoyed this week's IDOL more than last week's.

My rankings...

(1) TIED! (And these 2 should be the FINAL 2)....

(1) LEE DEWYZE----- agreed, his best performance yet. My fave guy all along much, much, better than last week. Awesome voice. Loved his "Treat Her Like a Lady"

(1) CRYSTAL BOWERSOX ----- by far the best female by leaps and bounds, no hype at all, she IS the best of the women, and better than all of the guys with the exception of Lee, who's her equal. One of the most talented women ever on IDOL imho. Loved, loved her "Midnight Train to Georgia" (Gladys Knight & The Pips), good at the piano and even better standing up solo , but do like her best with her guitar however. Like the change of style, but agreed not her "look".

(3) Casey James -----his best performance to date. His "Hold On, I'm Comin'" was (agreed) the perfect song choice for him. Awesome guitarist too. Would make a great rocker, esp. a front man for a rock band, like Chris Daughtry is for Daughtry.

(4) Katie Stevens----- a was kinda scared for her to sing Aretha, but her "Chain of Fools" was damned good and I agree with Kara, Randy & Ellen that she should be a pop singer with r&B leanings, and definitely not a country singer (what's Simon smoking this year, lmao).

(5) Andrew Garcia----glad to see the Andrew i loved in Hollywood, loved his take on Chris Brown's "Forever"

(6) Aaron Kelly--- good, but not as good as the last 2 weeks imho. "Ain't No Sunshine" has been sung to death on IDOL, agree with Simon here.

(7) Siobhan Magnus-----the worst my 2nd fave female of this season has done, very nervous and needs to quit the screaming, it's becoming irritating as Simon put it, I kinda think Chaka Khan's "Through The Fire" was also a bad song choice for.

And NOW for my BOTTOM 3....

(8) Michael "Big Mike" Lynche------Please America put us out of our misery. This guy loves himself enough for the rest of the country, if not the world, his not bad, but his personality is a total miserable s.o.b. and a pervert (he was lusting after 17 year old Miley Cyrus last week) and enough of him being bragged about being a father. Did he have the damned baby himself, lmfao!!! Never heard of the song he sung either, just ok.

(9) Didi Benami----agreed, dramatic and boring, and I'll throw in pageant-like as well and agreed sounds like a Dancing With the Stars poor remake, no feeling either, "What Becomes of the Broken-hearted?", maybe get voted off?

(10) Tim Urban-----good looking, yes, sexy, yes, pothead, probably, but he cannot pick a good song for himself to sing to save his life, and he is a good singer with the right song imho. Goodbye. What on Earth was he thinking by singing Anita Baker's "Sweet Love"???!?!?!? Buh-Bye, and bye, Try acting or modeling.

• Members

This is just frustarting. Tim is safe AGAIN?! I know why he laughing when the judges critic him... he's nervous, insecure and unsure of what to do. It's so transparent! Like you said Ruxton Hills, he would suck at acting too. He would be like Jason Cook, which is a bad thing!

Sure Didi didn't do well this last performance. But she sure was better then Tim, who's been bad for all the live weeks! <_<

Damn it! Oh well, I guess I'm only watching for Garcia now then. :(

Btw. I don't get how Kara never heard of Mike's song "Ready for Love". That's just weird.

Ready for Love - India. Arie:

• Members

How can you not laugh at the judges? Randy is an idiot who never has anything to say. Ellen doesn't even bother to judge the performing most of the time. Simon doesn't care. Kara is a pretentious windbag who only cares about showing everyone how smart and cool she thinks she is and contradicts herself sometimes within the same sentence.

Archived